• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

I believe n00b uses the Glitch kernel, which should run PowerNap just fine. I've personally not yet tried this combination though. It's also a good idea to run this script last (which the 90 in the filename should do automatically, provided your other scripts are numbered as they should be) since it needs to execute in an infinite loop.

I'm trying this rom, liking it so far. When I hit the screen on button it pops up a little slow, but otherwise, nice rom

Upvote 0
Clearly this is the best ROM for warps right now.
My only really big issue I have is can you PLEASE make it work with instagram?
For some odd reason I can put pictures of screenshots to it NP. But when I try to upload from my Camera folder it will never work. I pick the picture and I can add all the effects I want but when I hit the blue upload button in the top right it freezes every time and I have to pull the battery.
(I've tried it 50 times, I always have to pull the battery.)
If you could fix that it'd be perfect for me.
<3

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
I'm trying this rom, liking it so far. When I hit the screen on button it pops up a little slow, but otherwise, nice rom

That is the PowerNap script which reduces your processor speed, and battery usage, while your phone is 'sleeping'

Read the post completely for instructions to remove the script. The battery usage is still great without it. I have run into problems with PowerNap taking so long to bring the processor back to speed that I can't answer a call before it goes to voicemail. Removing this script should resolve your issue.

Upvote 0
Clearly this is the best ROM for warps right now.
My only really big issue I have is can you PLEASE make it work with instagram?
For some odd reason I can put pictures of screenshots to it NP. But when I try to upload from my Camera folder it will never work. I pick the picture and I can add all the effects I want but when I hit the blue upload button in the top right it freezes every time and I have to pull the battery.
(I've tried it 50 times, I always have to pull the battery.)
If you could fix that it'd be perfect for me.
<3

Thanks for the kind words! And I'm downloading Instagram now to figure out the issue :)

Upvote 0
That is the PowerNap script which reduces your processor speed, and battery usage, while your phone is 'sleeping'

Read the post completely for instructions to remove the script. The battery usage is still great without it. I have run into problems with PowerNap taking so long to bring the processor back to speed that I can't answer a call before it goes to voicemail. Removing this script should resolve your issue.

Another option: instead of removing PowerNap, mod it! In the beginning of the file /system/etc/init.d/70_CPUThrottle you'll find a table of CPU speeds. In the beginning of the PowerNap script (/system/etc/init.d/90_PowerNap) you'll find a variable named scriptMaxSpeed. You can substitute any value in the table for the default one specified by the variable to increase the maximum speed PowerNap will force upon screen-off. For example, changing the line from scriptMaxSpeed=122880 to scriptMaxSpeed=245760 would raise the device's rock-bottom screen-off speed to twice what it normally is, making it not quite as laggy as normal.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: LilBit and rickpcb
Upvote 0
Best rom for our Warps right now, 100% sure (but n00b VIII.II is not a lot behind, only thing that never worked for me on n00b was USB-tethering).
I disabled SetCPU (to avoid conflict with PowerNap) and now is even more snappy.
Thank you very much.

Hmm interesting, never had a problem with noob running tethering since the last two updates....

Upvote 0
Also another little bug I've noticed is with WiFi. I'll be in my house, connected to my password protected wifi and i wont even leave my house and it will eventually disconnect itself. I go into the wifi menu and it's stuck on "Scanning". I have to manually re-connect it to my wifi by clicking it and connecting, but if i turn wifi off and on real quick it automatically connects. idk it's weird. Also just wondering i think i may be suffering a few issues where i have to battery pull. ie sometimes if i leave my phone idle for a while the screen wont come on and i have to battery pull, i have the team win recovery, the touchscreen one, and under the wipe options there is all kind of things I can wipe, will my phone still be functional if i wipe all of the things and then try a fresh flash of this rom? thanks. sorry for the wall of text lol

Upvote 0
Also another little bug I've noticed is with WiFi. I'll be in my house, connected to my password protected wifi and i wont even leave my house and it will eventually disconnect itself. I go into the wifi menu and it's stuck on "Scanning". I have to manually re-connect it to my wifi by clicking it and connecting, but if i turn wifi off and on real quick it automatically connects. idk it's weird. Also just wondering i think i may be suffering a few issues where i have to battery pull. ie sometimes if i leave my phone idle for a while the screen wont come on and i have to battery pull, i have the team win recovery, the touchscreen one, and under the wipe options there is all kind of things I can wipe, will my phone still be functional if i wipe all of the things and then try a fresh flash of this rom? thanks. sorry for the wall of text lol

As far as the wifi issues I have had some issues with it not liking encrypted wifi at my home and at work(in which we have 4 different access points) and like you said just unenable it and then re-enabling it usually works and as far as a battery pull, I havent had that happen, but if you end up in TWRP recovery and this is only up to you, you can do a wipe and reinstall or just do wipe dalvik cache, fix permissons. It just depends on how much problem your having, if your doing battery pulls everyday, then yes, do a clean install and follow Merc's directions on the install, but if its just everyonce and awhile then do ther other , hopes this helps and sorry Merc for the long repley on your thread lol...... I was bored at work lmao...:D

Upvote 0
yeah I want to wipe everything but I dont want to brick my phone in the process. plus i have so many useless folders from uninstalled apps and clutter and I wish I knew how to get rid of it all, lol.

No worries on bricking it, if you want to reinstall just follow the intructions at the beginning of the thread and if you want to backup programs you like just use titanium backup and then reinstall and then your good to go....;)

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

Hmm... I have the same setup in my home and office, and they both work fine. This not being able to reproduce my users' bugs is getting annoying! lol But the best way to install any ROM (and due to its deeply-modded nature, this one in particular) is to do a full wipe and individual app restore to promote a lightweight and stable system.

As far as the wifi issues I have had some issues with it not liking encrypted wifi at my home and at work(in which we have 4 different access points) and like you said just unenable it and then re-enabling it usually works and as far as a battery pull, I havent had that happen, but if you end up in TWRP recovery and this is only up to you, you can do a wipe and reinstall or just do wipe dalvik cache, fix permissons. It just depends on how much problem your having, if your doing battery pulls everyday, then yes, do a clean install and follow Merc's directions on the install, but if its just everyonce and awhile then do ther other , hopes this helps and sorry Merc for the long repley on your thread lol...... I was bored at work lmao...:D

No problem, I appreciate your helpdesk efforts! :)

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
yeah I want to wipe everything but I dont want to brick my phone in the process. plus i have so many useless folders from uninstalled apps and clutter and I wish I knew how to get rid of it all, lol.

No worries about bricking - a custom recovery and your favorite root-enabled file browser are your friends! :)

If there are any apps included with the ROM by default that you don't like, just go to /system/app and delete the app's APK. For apps you've installed yourself, do the same in /data/app. And either way, don't forget to delete the app's data folder in /data/data. Granted, there are apps out there to do this all for you, but I guess I'm old-fashioned lol

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I agree with sinisterfox. I would do a clean install and then restore my apps.

Another way to restore apps is to use AppExtractor from the play store. AppExtractor will restore sms/mms and apps from your nandroid backup (that you always make ::) ).

When you install a rom on top of another rom without doing a clean install all bets are off as to what problems you may run into.

Also by using AppExtractor you can restore your apps in a few minutes,,, not hours.

I did that and more. After doing all that to no avail, I factory reset the phone, cleaned cache and dav, and reinstalled the rom again, then the smooth fix. And also suspecting that it was an app issue, I didnt back up his apps and told him to reinstall them all from the market. But the problem started again before he could get a few apps installed. All the times before i backed his apps up with rom toolbox pro and reinstalled them after installing the rom. And i always did a clean install.

Upvote 0
I did that and more. After doing all that to no avail, I factory reset the phone, cleaned cache and dav, and reinstalled the rom again, then the smooth fix. And also suspecting that it was an app issue, I didnt back up his apps and told him to reinstall them all from the market. But the problem started again before he could get a few apps installed. All the times before i backed his apps up with rom toolbox pro and reinstalled them after installing the rom. And i always did a clean install.
There's your problem. Rom Toolbox. Not good!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones