1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mercury0x000d, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Awesome!!! I am on JellyBean, AOKP it's still in Beta but it Rocks!!!:D The Devs on this entire Website are truly great people, they work hard for us, and give it all away for free!!!:D

This Website is one of the Big Boys Online;)

Advertisement

2. dreadlok

dreadlok Newbie

Yeah I know right? And to GIVE it away/humbly ask for donation?

Now THAT'S love!!!

LilBit likes this.
  3. LilBit

By all means, if you can donate to any of their pay pal links then for sure do it. :D

DM Likes Jaegermeister!! Send him a pint or two:)

klownprince420 and mercury0x000d like this.
  4. dreadlok

dreadlok Newbie

Forgive me for this Possibly being out of place...

In my earlier posts i was referring to a gamepad for android. I was able to retrace my steps as to what happened long ago.

Before i bought the Moga Pocket, i used an off brand wii remote.

I purchased this knock off item in my haste after seeing a friend using an official wii product.

Then i found out that It was to the understanding of many ppl that off brand wii remotes won't work, but after much Google-ing i found some a Bluetooth app from Google Japan that somehow connected to the off brand wii remote.

I also had to download a wii HID enabler and then finally a controller app. Then i ran the wii controller app, configured settings, activated Bluetooth just like any other Bluetooth device, sync and pair, but when it asked for a 4 digit password, i left it blank and hit cancel instead of ''leaving it blank and hitting ok'' like many online guides said. After trying this a few times i put the phone down in frustration ...

And voila!!! ON A STOCK ROM!!!

no analog, but good enough for me at the time!

then came the Moga pocket! I had minimal trouble pairing probably because i didn't remove any of the above stated .

I thought this had something to do with the fact i flashed warp OEM...or that i am a noob... so i tried noob ROM (which was also very sexy)...

but now I'm sure why!

i went back to stock with the info provided on this site.

I had the exact same problems until i repeated the above Process (minus downloading all the wii stuff... so just the waka Bluetooth and Moga universal drivers... my wii mote has died) and now Moga works again.

I'm going to go re root and then get my warp OEM back! I'm pretty sure it will work the same way.

The Bluetooth app is waka Bluetooth pair by Fixa. It's completely in Japanese but there's only a button or two.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jpn.frontia.waka.Bluetooth

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...drivers+from+Japanese+Google+play&v=133247963

I do apologize for rambling and possibly posting out of place.

I'll go sit in my corner now (with my super slick OEM ROM) XD

I certainly will donate soon!

5. LilBit

Awesome post!! Completely Awesome!!! No apologizes needed, Warp OEM is A great Rom, I may flash back to it myself , until all this JB work gets ironed out!! Or until DM drops CM7,:D

6. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

Hey, no problem, this isn't out of place at all as far as I'm concerned :)

Maybe I can integrate this somehow into the ROM for one more WOEM exclusive feature! :)

7. mercury0x000d

...or until I make CM7-based WOEM 3.0 or JB-based WOEM 4.0 ;)

8. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert

Apparently I'm not the only one with those plans :p

9. klownprince420

klownprince420 Well-Known Member

CM7 was the last cyanogenmod I had. awesome Rom would get even better

mercury0x000d likes this.
  10. mercury0x000d

Has anyone noticed lag in WOEM, especially when running apps which need to run in the background?

11. dreadlok

dreadlok Newbie

It seemed to lag more for me after I hit apply on boot for CPU speed and reset the phone.

Since I unchecked that box it only lags once in a while. It only seems to happen when I jump around thru multiple apps... But my PC does that too when I rush back and forth opening large apps impatiently (without giving it a moment to burp). It also froze once doing this... But

still WAY better than the stock ROM!
    Where stock fails, this one keeps kicking!

Now I'm Trying to figure out the tethering

12. klownprince420

klownprince420 Well-Known Member

I've noticed a lil lag with Facebook and instagram running in the background but only when I run both

13. mercury0x000d

Okay, that's what I thought... I'm working on some tweaks to lessen this.

14. dreadlok

dreadlok Newbie

I tried selecting a different governor and it runs even faster... It ran choppy on power saver mode.

I have it set on performance and it surely rocks!

15. mercury0x000d

That's a good idea... PowerNap should mitigate most of the associated battery drain, so why not? :)

16. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Finally took plunge and flashed this as my first replacement ROM (hope I'm using correct terms) Cannot find angel browser in apps Am I to assume it may have been removed? I gather I can download it separately

17. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast

Yep, just download from play store.

18. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Thank you....I sort of figured that so I'm experimenting with a few different browsers.
    Just looking for a real simple basic browser.

I changed background image but was wondering where do I find where original background image is stored?

19. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

well so far not impressed with rom....I know it took me long enough to finally switch from stock rom. While this does seem to have some interesting features I am finding it somewhat slower than stock and "buggy" not sure if thats correct term. It is not as responsive as stock....at least in my opinion.....sorry

20. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

rom not holding settings such as notification ringtone i added. Need to keep rebooting phone for it to show up

21. rickpcb

You shouldn't be having those issues. Reflash.

mercury0x000d likes this.
  22. Slaiyen

Slaiyen Member

did you wipe everything before you flashed the ROM?

23. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Not sure about what you mean about wipe everything. I made back ups then flashed rom.

No not sure what this may mean but upon reading thread about power nap I rep[laced the version 2 thats in ROM with the Version 3.

For whatever reason its seems to have solved problem. ROM running much faster and smoother but did notice the lag return after installing Firefox. With out Firefox it seem to run much better I've been trying Baidu Browser which so far appears to be working smoothly

24. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Also getting error on Voice Search app

(process.com.google.android.voice search)has stopped unexpectedly.......I did uninstall app and reinstall it but error persists

25. rickpcb

Wipe everything means factory reset, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache then flash rom...

mercury0x000d and iram like this.