1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mercury0x000d, Sep 4, 2012.

1. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Thank you...any idea why voice search is not working?

Advertisement

2. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2012
    Male
    St Augustine, FL
    I would imagine it's also due to a bad flash. Also make sure you downloaded the rom over WiFi, not mobile data. Wipe everything then reflash. Everything should work just fine.

mercury0x000d likes this.
  3. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Original rom was download done via internet
    Could I make backup....wipe all and reflash the backup or go back to 1st download of rom which means starting from scratch

4. Slaiyen

Slaiyen Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2012
    Male
    New Jersey
    if its a bad flash flashing the backup would just carry over the problem, you should do a fresh install.

If by internet you mean the ROM was downloaded by PC or over WiFi the ROM should be fine to just use the original download if you downloaded the ROM on your phone via 3G on your phone itself you will need to redownload it and then wipe everything prior to flashing the fresh download.

LilBit and iram like this.
  5. LilBit

LilBit Android Expert
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Female
    U.S.A.
    Gave my warp to a good friend with this rom on it. She loves it!! I am up at the S4 forums now, jumped ship, carrier and all. I'm with T-Mo.
    Almost the same plan, better phones. Thanks everyone, been a great ride down here!!

mercury0x000d and Dslack420 like this.
  6. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2012
    Male
    St Augustine, FL

I jumped too. Have S3 but I still check in here daily. My warp is now a learning tool :) Nice to see you still come by!

Dslack420 likes this.
  7. Dslack420

Dslack420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 5, 2012
    Male
    troy,ohio
    Wow we really are all dying off lol my warp is used daily for a mini tab/ small gaming device the 5 yr old enjoys it but all great things must come to an end as they say but.......... Im still here haha

8. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator
    None

I've been using Next Browser, and it seems to be decent thus far.

The original background image was removed and replaced by the one you see out-of-the-box. You can still set one of your own choosing, however.

iram likes this.
  9. o4tuna

o4tuna Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2012
    Puget Sound
    You guys still working on this? I have finally upgraded, got an s3 on metro-pcs. After much gnashing of teeth, managed to get cm11 installed (has the 4.3 ota installed). So, wifi hot-spotting works. That was the last thing I was holding on to my warp for.

So, I have a warp for sale cheap. I'll miss the little work horse. It has warp-oem installed, along with smart launcher. I have the extended battery & back, plus the original batt & back. The extended back has a couple minor cracks from flexing it. the screen is in pretty good shape. the body has a few nicks here & there.

Just make an offer...

10. mercury0x000d

None

Sounds good, I'll keep you in mind. Can I get a ballpark price of what you're looking to get? IIRC the most recent Warp I bought off eBay was around $50.

11. xman95

xman95 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    Check again... I've seen used ones for under $30 recently. Even for the Sequent. I have a cracked screen and was going to fix it, but they wanted almost the same price ($25) for the screen/digitizer as I can get a used WARP.....

ZTE Warp N860 4GB Black Boost Mobile Clean ESN Smartphone Used 0885913100326 | eBay

LilBit and mercury0x000d like this.
  12. bodyshop

bodyshop Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    Just rooted my brothers ZTE. using TWRP recovery on it.
    can a newer version of TWRP be used or is the one that comes in the zip file sufficient? i know its old

Is there a preferred governor and settings?

13. LilBit

LilBit Android Expert
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Female
    U.S.A.
    Unfortunately, TWRP is final. Settings, most people liked 1804mhz max 122mhz min, smartassVII, sio,;)

14. mercury0x000d

None

Wow... it's been a long time since this ROM launched. I began typing this with intentions of officially retiring it, however (as always) I want to know what you guys think. Should I make one final update? Said update would consist of newer ad blocking, the latest app versions and maybe a couple minor graphical touch-ups, but nothing really substantial overall - just enough to hopefully prevent someone downloading it nowadays from having quite as massive an update storm upon first-run.

So... whatcha all think? Yay? Nay?

I'll wait awhile and see what happens here before proceeding. If everyone has moved on and nobody cares about this anymore, I'll close it and nobody need look back.

15. SunOfMan7

SunOfMan7 Newbie
    None

May 30, 2012
    Male
    teacher n student
    everywhere
    I still check back here at least once a week. I would love to see something new to play with. I still have my warp(and about 5 other android phones. lol. Phone horder) and use it for various things around the house. I dont know if my 1 vote count but I say, "yes". Thanks for all your hard work.

16. mercury0x000d

None

Every vote counts :) I still use my Warp as a daily driver, and have a few extra ones laying around... along with a Moto G and a Motorola I1 in my drawer lol

I am looking for a new phone and the ZMax is looking tempting, but sadly there's no root for it yet :(

Who knows? There may be another of my xOEM ROMs on another platform in the future. :)

But, I ramble on here. Sorry about that! Much thanks your input.