• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Windows Phone 7 ROM 4.2.3 {Updated 1/22/13}

Had my first freeze this morning when attempting to view email. Had to remove battery. Don't know what caused it; will see if it happens again. It also lags sometimes when you go from main screen to app screen.

Reference the fonts. Font Installer; it will let me install a font, then reboots, but the system fonts remain the same for settings, email, contacts, messaging, call log, etc. How can I change this? Thanks, love the rom...

UPDATE: Tried another app (typefresh) to change the font and the error is:

could not remount /system

Upvote 0
Had my first freeze this morning when attempting to view email. Had to remove battery. Don't know what caused it; will see if it happens again. It also lags sometimes when you go from main screen to app screen.

Reference the fonts. Font Installer; it will let me install a font, then reboots, but the system fonts remain the same for settings, email, contacts, messaging, call log, etc. How can I change this? Thanks, love the rom...

UPDATE: Tried another app (typefresh) to change the font and the error is:

could not remount /system

Here is the stock ICS font, just flash it from your sd card in cwm, voila!

View attachment ICSFont.zip

Reactions: aaanadie and prmax
Upvote 0
Flashed this, it didn't remove existing .odex (nbd) so i formatted /system in cwm and flashed and it bootlooped... And ideas?

what did you start from? I went from woodstock's b08c stock nandroid, to v1 to v2, I haven't gone to 2.2 yet because I don't need the apps... can you get to cwm to at least flash back to woodstock's b08c? maybe this rom still needs that base to be in place... just a guess.

Upvote 0
what did you start from? I went from woodstock's b08c stock nandroid, to v1 to v2, I haven't gone to 2.2 yet because I don't need the apps... can you get to cwm to at least flash back to woodstock's b08c? maybe this rom still needs that base to be in place... just a guess.

Yea, b08c stock
back up and running, no problem (restored backup) the ROM flashed and loaded fine, but i will had all the .odex
files.
Will some one do
Code:
adb shell rm /system/app/*.odex
and see if that works/causes bootloop

Upvote 0
Yea, b08c stock
back up and running, no problem (restored backup) the ROM flashed and loaded fine, but i will had all the .odex
files.
Will some one do
Code:
adb shell rm /system/app/*.odex
and see if that works/causes bootloop

I get rm failed for /system/app/accountsandsyncsettings.odex, permission denied.

I rebooted without any issue though...

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have constant freezing in b08c? I never had this problem till I upgraded to b08c, but my phone has been CONSTANTLY freezing at random occasions, forcing me to take the battery out.

I thought installing this ROM might fix the issue, but it's still there. It's definitely something wrong with b08c and not the ROM itself. I was wondering if any of you would know how to fix it? I was on stock till today, rooted, clean formatted, and installed, but I think a bug from the original firmware is causing the crashes.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have constant freezing in b08c? I never had this problem till I upgraded to b08c, but my phone has been CONSTANTLY freezing at random occasions, forcing me to take the battery out.

I thought installing this ROM might fix the issue, but it's still there. It's definitely something wrong with b08c and not the ROM itself. I was wondering if any of you would know how to fix it? I was on stock till today, rooted, clean formatted, and installed, but I think a bug from the original firmware is causing the crashes.

try going into cwm, clear cache, advanced clear dalvik, reboot

if that doesn't work, try doing a factory reset in cwm

if that doesn't work, restore woodstock's stock b08c (look in the root section of the forum). if your phone doesn't work at that point, I would do the return to stock with stock recovery by hroark also on the root section, this puts you at b08b, if you still see reboots, you probably have a hardware issue and should warranty the phone with zte. if it fixes the issue, I would then use the recovery tool to update to b08c and then re-root etc and the problem should be solved.

Upvote 0
Ever since i flashed 2.2.0
My play store has been crashing soo much -___-

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk

Go to settings applications then go to manage find play store and select it. Press clear data and uninstall updates. Also if yiu find "google frameworks" clear data on that as well then reboot phone.

The ROM is not the reason your play store crashes. Google will be sending out a new update OTA over the next few days to the play store for bug fixes including force closes

Upvote 0
Okay, there is definitely something wrong with b08c, at least on my phone. I tried reinstalling this ROM fresh, still had the same issues. I then went back to Woodstock's b08c backup (also a fresh install), and still had the same exact freezing issues. After that, I decided to install the build BEFORE b08c that Woodstock uploaded (02-11), and the phone is running 100% fine now, no issues.

I've been having problems with 100% stock b08c, Woodstock's b08c backup, and this Windows ROM (which is based on b08c). Older versions work fine for me (b08). Just wanted to post this incase some of you guys had the same problems.

Upvote 0
Go to settings applications then go to manage find play store and select it. Press clear data and uninstall updates. Also if yiu find "google frameworks" clear data on that as well then reboot phone.

Edit : So far i believe it worked :)
So crashes whatsoever, & ive been using it playing a game for like more than 20 min :3 thanks :)

The ROM is not the reason your play store crashes. Google will be sending out a new update OTA over the next few days to the play store for bug fixes including force closes

Okay i cleared what you told me & now i will update & i am going to use my phone for about 10 min's (google play crash message always shows on my screen even when im on a different app) so i am going to update to see if it still has the same problem. But thanks :)

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Very pleased, no problems at all, at first since i don't use any of those launchers, had many force close errors, but once I converted my launcher of choice to a system app and did a reboot, no issues at all. Quite suprised by overall quickness , definitely notice a difference. I am torn though, I mainly use ADW Launcher EX, and for some reason I kind of like the WP7 Launcher, but, I wish there was a way to add widgets WITHOUT tiles, like my Jorte , my Jorte Tasks, Beautiful Widgets, MY ESPN Scorecenter (season just started that is a MUST ;\)...IF there is a way to do this, kindly let me know...seems like even adding special widget tile the max u can set is 2x1...Overall, Two thumbs up and its not even finalized yet...;p

Oh yeah and Superuser would deny TI backup and other apps untill i downgraded, allowed permissions, then re upgraded the APP. Other then that, no probs.

Upvote 0
Very pleased, no problems at all, at first since i don't use any of those launchers, had many force close errors, but once I converted my launcher of choice to a system app and did a reboot, no issues at all. Quite suprised by overall quickness , definitely notice a difference. I am torn though, I mainly use ADW Launcher EX, and for some reason I kind of like the WP7 Launcher, but, I wish there was a way to add widgets WITHOUT tiles, like my Jorte , my Jorte Tasks, Beautiful Widgets, MY ESPN Scorecenter (season just started that is a MUST ;\)...IF there is a way to do this, kindly let me know...seems like even adding special widget tile the max u can set is 2x1...Overall, Two thumbs up and its not even finalized yet...;p

Oh yeah and Superuser would deny TI backup and other apps untill i downgraded, allowed permissions, then re upgraded the APP. Other then that, no probs.

Yes the max a widget tile can grow is 2x1. You cant set a without having it in a tile

Upvote 0
Hey
Got a problem with installing the rom through cwm...

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/WP7.romVer2.2.0.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted

Any help plz?

When you select flash zip do not choose update zip select "choose zip ftom sd card" and select it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Knoxville363
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones