• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Roms?

Upvote 0
I installed Twrp 2.5 and rooted my device using the Sprint SG3 Toolkit.

I used the root method on this form so maybe that's my problem because I have twrp and still can't install it it says something about su binary on twrp

Also I have only been able to flash the miui v5 and v4 everything works expect camera and on the Odexed touchwiz my 3g never connected

Upvote 0
I havent read the majority of this thread, but if you can't flash a ROM its probably a bad download

No I'm sure it's not that I downloaded and tried multiple times idk it's really getting to me because I'm not new to rooting or flashing and it's bothering me so bad because I can't figure out what's wrong I think our system may be set up different that's why the camera didn't work on miui and why it wouldn't let me install those roms and also why the touchwiz rom installed but I had no 3g or 4g

Upvote 0
the touchwiz rom is for sprint and the 3g/4g sounds like its a different modem or your apn settings

All the roms we flash are for sprint we have the sprint version of the gs3 so thats why im confused about the not being able to flash certain roms and camera not connecting on miui and I'm sure it is an apn thing with the 3g and 4g and btw hyperdrive and mibox works just the 3g and 4g and funny acting i've actually seen it switch to 1x and 3g no 4g Icon but data works

Upvote 0
No I'm sure it's not that I downloaded and tried multiple times idk it's really getting to me because I'm not new to rooting or flashing and it's bothering me so bad because I can't figure out what's wrong I think our system may be set up different that's why the camera didn't work on miui and why it wouldn't let me install those roms and also why the touchwiz rom installed but I had no 3g or 4g

I had the same problem but I came across this. I was able to flash it normally
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2318540

Upvote 0
Ok,we can use sprint roms,but 3g will work and mms will work after you change your apns. The 4g wont work because of buildprop and modem. Our phones dont ping right for the 4g recognition. We need a dev to work on our device. Ive peeked at the Virgin Mobile forum and they already have a dev working on their device,cm'on show us some love.;)

Reactions: The informant
Upvote 0
Ok,we can use sprint roms,but 3g will work and mms will work after you change your apns. The 4g wont work because of buildprop and modem. Our phones dont ping right for the 4g recognition. We need a dev to work on our device. Ive peeked at the Virgin Mobile forum and they already have a dev working on their device,cm'on show us some love.;)

Yeah I kinda figured that's the position where in I knew that these where the problem as we discussed earlier but I do really hope we get a dev soon I believe we will we just have to wait because not everyone has the money to buy the phone so I guess we'll just be waiting for a while

Reactions: The informant
Upvote 0
yes you are correct. this is the same with the s2. there was a zip we could flash or we could edit or apns. non touchwiz roms sometimes have kinks. the marquee had big problems with camera on the aosp roms. ive been reading looking for the answer.

Yup! TDM and the guys have been trying to get the Marquee camera working on aosp ROMs for quite awhile now. Well over a year. Still, his AOKP ROM ran good despite the camera issue.

So Kevin, what ROMs have you tried so far for the S3? Anything that's fully functional?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones