• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Roms?

wasn't shabbymod the first thing the prevail had after shabby and intrepth rooted that little beauty.... heres one for shabby, the first contributor for boost mobile android development
beer.gif

lol :D

Upvote 0
@ Shabby:

unbrick.img
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\pla
tform-tools>adb shell
root@android:/ # su
su
root@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/unbrick.img bs=1024 count=7
card/unbrick.img bs=1024 count=71680 <
71680+0 records in
71680+0 records out
73400320 bytes transferred in 11.845 secs (6196734 bytes/sec)
root@android:/ #

if you dont mind, would you share how you put together this "debrick img" into a working whatever the end output is... i would like to have such knowledge :D

that is the output :)

its just a matter of knowing what to do. :D guide will be up tomorrow

Upvote 0
I flashed the Eclipse rom, booted the phone. Rebooted into recovery, flashed the eclipse gapps. Let phone boot and collect its thoughts. Off to recovery again, flashed piggyback, wiped dalvik, re-flashed piggyback again for good measure, rewiped dalvik, rebooted phone and Bam!!! Data, 4G, works. No idea about MMS yet but Data does in fact work.

Edit: I found one bug but it is a minor one and maybe only a rom bug. Once you turn on Wifi then turn it off you lose data. However, a reboot fixed data for me. I say again, I don't know if it's a cm or AOSP bug but it does happen on The Eclipse rom so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-15-00-41-21.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-00-41-21.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
BAM! I just tried The Kuban Updater theme changer for the 1st time and it worked. I am now running Wicked Sensations with the AnaKonda theme.

Here's a heads up fellas when changing the themes. Just go through the steps to install. When it reboots into recovery it will sit there and the progress bar will not move. At least it didn't for me. I actually thought I was gonna have to do a battery pull. GIVE IT TIME! It takes several minutes for it to flash the theme. DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR PHONE. After about 4 minutes it will reboot and your theme will be applied. PROFIT!

I'm usually a blue kinda guy but this AnaKonda theme isn't bad at all. :D

The main reason I made this post is because I didn't want any of you to make the mistake that I almost made and do a battery pull while in recovery. Sometimes that doesn't always end up very well. I was already getting ready in case I needed to flash TWRP with Odin. Lol. Thankfully patience prevailed.

@ Capn069, great news on the AOSP ROMS. Nice find bro. :D

Upvote 0
with aosp roms the reason you guys werent getting 4g before is you have a newer radio (ril) lib than what was in sprints builds, the cm guys must have updated to include a newer ril so you guys get it now :)

Now that you mention it I did flash the MD4 Baseband which is the Sprint version about a week ago. However, I still didn't have data until I flashed the piggyback APN that Danvhd over at XDA made for Dandroid.

Upvote 0
BAM! I just tried The Kuban Updater theme changer for the 1st time and it worked. I am now running Wicked Sensations with the AnaKonda theme.

Here's a heads up fellas when changing the themes. Just go through the steps to install. When it reboots into recovery it will sit there and the progress bar will not move. At least it didn't for me. I actually thought I was gonna have to do a battery pull. GIVE IT TIME! It takes several minutes for it to flash the theme. DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR PHONE. After about 4 minutes it will reboot and your theme will be applied. PROFIT!

I'm usually a blue kinda guy but this AnaKonda theme isn't bad at all. :D

The main reason I made this post is because I didn't want any of you to make the mistake that I almost made and do a battery pull while in recovery. Sometimes that doesn't always end up very well. I was already getting ready in case I needed to flash TWRP with Odin. Lol. Thankfully patience prevailed.

@ Capn069, great news on the AOSP ROMS. Nice find bro. :D

Should I do a full wipe before flashing theme! Or just dalvick cache and cache?

Thinkin about smoked out theme kinda reminds me of CT Mod on the prevail

Upvote 0
Yes sir bro. I came very close to using that wallpaper too. Well, that was until the wife saw it and gave me THE LOOK. lol That was the end of that. :D

Well I changed it before I go to Work tomorrow. Lol. also changed the pulldown animation to the Panther. That cat is a little tamer than some of the others.

That Cuban Updater is awesome.

Upvote 0
Should I do a full wipe before flashing theme! Or just dalvick cache and cache?

Thinkin about smoked out theme kinda reminds me of CT Mod on the prevail

Actually, if you are running TWRP you just use The Kuban Updater and download the mod. It will ask you if you want to install it. Select t yes. You then just follow the prompts and it does everything for you. It will boot you into TWRP, flash the mod and then reboot. You don't have to do a thing but select yes to install it.

Just remember what I posted earlier. It will take a good bit to flash the theme and the progress bar will not show that it is making any progress. Do not let that fool you. It is indeed flashing the theme. I came very close to doing a battery pull because the progress bar wasn't moving. I'm glad I decided to give it a few more minutes because doing a battery pull while doing a flash isn't the best thing to do. :D

If you are using CWM, I've been told that you have to manually flash the mods. If that is the case, I would advise to wipe cache and dalvik only.

Hope this helps and sorry it took so long to respond. I've been busy today and this is the 1st time I've had a chance to check the forum since making the other post.

Upvote 0
Well, I don't know about other ROMs but I have tried Wicked Sensations and the MOAR ROM. Both run great.

The only issue I had with Wicked Sensations is the stock hotspot wouldn't work for me. The mod Smith posted fixed that. Others have reported that their stock hotspot is working so I guess it depends on the phone. We all know how that works. Lol, sometimes these phones seem to have a mind of their own. :D

The MOAR ROM seems to be fully functional except for the dual screen. I long press the back tab and it doesn't pop up like it says it should. So far that Is the only thing that's not working. Data and mms worked from 1st boot. I did do the MMS fix on Wicked Sensations though. If I'm not mistaken, I think someone else posted that they couldn't get the dual screen working either for MOAR. Other than that this ROM seems to be running fine. I haven't been running it but a few hours. I'll report any other issues I run across.

I'm with you. It would be great if we had a up 2 date list of working ROMs. :) I just haven't tested enough of them to start one. I'm working on it though. :D

EDIT : I just wanted to add that this MOAR ROM is flippin awesome. The moar I play with it the moar I like it. lol Sorry fellas... I had to. :p

Edit. Dual screen is working now.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
I'm on the most ROM and my split screen works. Try toggling it in setting.

I just edited my post. It must have been the launcher I chose during install or something. I froze TW since I'm using ADW EX and the dual screen is working now. SWEET!

Edit: this ROM is unbelievable man. I've just been playing with the mods in settings. I haven't even started messing the the morphology in the Aroma installer.

Oh, this ROM gives you a choice of kernels. I chose the Ktoonez kernel. It has its own app called KTweaker that handles all the kernel functions. THIS KERNEL CAN OVERCLOCK! You have to actually go into the KTweaker app and select the option to overclock. It goes up to 2106 . I haven't tried it that high because I see no need. Just thought I would let you guys know though. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones