• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

Woodstock77

Android Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2011
First Turn on USB Debugging in settings/applications/development
Then turn on Unknown sources in settings/applications
Then you have to install Quietstorm's CWM recovery. See his thread here http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...orkmod-5-0-2-7-beta2-warp-released-today.html Thanks QuietStorm1785 without CWM recovery we couldnt root this way. And without Interdepth's original root we wouldnt have gotten CWM so that we could do it this way. (a vicious cycle)
You can also use a One click installer found here http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/490927-one-click-process-installing-cwm.html Thanks SnakeX
The installer I made can be found here ZTE Warp Recovery Installer V2.zip

After you install CWM put SuperUser.zip on your sdcard then reboot into recovery. SuperUser.zip
Choose install zip from sdcard.
Then verify thats what you want to do.
After install has completed reboot the phone.
After the phone reboots you should have root.

Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
yeah i have that file but cant seem to fiig out how to install for the life of me. and how do i use the update tool
You gotta install stock recovery then go to FTM mode. Bro when in bootloader go to your device manager and manually update the drivers from there. I dont know what else to tell you.

Meanwhile I felt the need to prove its working so here goes.

and after installing busybox using busy box installer off market or web download.

And here is proof it is the updated build.

The dates and time are on the tops of the images. :D

Get rootchecker app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927629

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i am having issues updating with the tool -.-
i flashed back to stock recovery.img
& i have botted up into ftm & tried running the update tool
but no luck :/
i am not a completely noob at this i have some experience , ive done it before
now i have no idea why it doesnt want to work -___-
Well what is it doing?

If the file isnt downloading create a folder named FirmwareVersion in your (C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool) folder then download N860V1.0.0B19.zip and place it inside that folder. Then run the tool again.

E.G. <<<C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool\FirmwareVersion\N860V1.0.0B19.zip>>>

Reactions: AndroidxD
Upvote 0
Running b08c here. Rooted by woodstck77's tutitorial, phone is running fanstatic. I also added the lines of code from the modified build.prop on the warp forum (i did not replace the entire build.prop file! I just cut and pasted the lines of code that the OP had added to the build.prop as the new build.prop is way different and i wanna go through and examine it)

Thanks to woodstock77, for an old guy yous got skillz! &#65532;

Upvote 0
alright so i got adb installed it works now im stuck where im trying to flash stock recovery and i get error" cannot load stock image" and my phone reboots. any ideas im lost. woodstock youve been a great help sorry i keep getting stuck. or could anybody make a nandroid of new update with root. yeah i know im asking alot. but i dont know what else to do. unless someone can explain why im getting error when trying to install stock image

he he .... i got it nevermind on this post

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones