• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

down tto my last prob. i cant seem to get the update tool to work, i did what wood posted earlier make a folder named firmwareversion put the zip in it. put that folder in handset software update tool any ideas sorry fellas
Im working on a nandroid for you. Make sure its exactly as I posted it. Copy and paste the name. FirmwareVersion <<<case sensitive.

Reactions: Rally 517
Upvote 0
N860_B08c_NANDROID

Removed:
Nothing at all

Added:
Rooted with CWM
A file explorer (for root);)

Requirements: A rooted ZTE warp with CWM recovery installed.

How to install

1. Unzip and copy the contents of N860_B08c_NANDROID.zip to your SD card. In the clockworkmod/backup/ folder
  2. Reboot phone into CWM recovery.
  3. Go to wipe data and factory reset. Select yes
  4. Go to wipe cache. Select yes.
  5. OPTIONAL: Go to advanced. Select wipe dalvik cache. Select yes.
  6. Go to backup and restore. Select Restore. Choose 2012-03-04.14.50.29 and select yes.
Reboot phone and enjoy.

N860_B08c_NANDROID.zip

Upvote 0
Well what is it doing?

If the file isnt downloading create a folder named FirmwareVersion in your (C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool) folder then download N860V1.0.0B19.zip and place it inside that folder. Then run the tool again.

E.G. <<<C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool\FirmwareVersion\N860V1.0.0B19.zip>>>

Its Does Not Read My deivice i have no idea why. Everytime i put it in FTM it doesnt recognize it

Upvote 0
Just a thought. My assumtion on this would be "NO" as it's written for B not C.

I was curious as to wether or not you could just use the same 1clickroot method as with the B update, via the zte root guide in forums, or is that written for B, and won't work on C? if not why couldn't you just use that root method

Upvote 0
Just a thought. My assumtion on this would be "NO" as it's written for B not C.

I was curious as to wether or not you could just use the same 1clickroot method as with the B update, via the zte root guide in forums, or is that written for B, and won't work on C? if not why couldn't you just use that root method
What? If the old One click method worked I wouldnt have bothered with this at all.

Rally 517 said:
does anybody thing the oc nandroid would work on this or take it back to 08b
@ Rally 517, Its purely up to you. Just because theres an update out doesnt mean you have to use it. If you have problems with your Warp you might want to try it out though. If you dont like it you can always go back.

Upvote 0
What? If the old One click method worked I wouldnt have bothered with this at all.

Ok, I figured you or someone might have tried that, just wasn't sure. It never hurts to ask though.
I'm in the process of upgradeing to C but won't get to cwm until later tonight. Daughter time comes first before the phone.
Thanks for the info and update woodstock, your efforts are much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Apparently i'm the only one still having problems ;\, superuser installs, but rootchecker shows noroot access. Gonna read through everything and keep trying...I don't want to lose everything again though, I finally got my phone set w. apps and customization that I like, now..I cant use TI backup w.out root right? any way to completely backup how my phone is now, in case i have to reflash again/lose everything in order to get root back? Also this sd card issue, CWM read this card no problem before, I think these issues started when i messed around and tried partitioning the sd card, I have formatted it and whiped all data but, does anyone know anything to do to get this memory card to be able to be mounted in CWM? I believe this micro sd card issue is the "root" pun slightly intended, of my problems.

Reactions: tranier22
Upvote 0
Apparently i'm the only one still having problems ;\, superuser installs, but rootchecker shows noroot access. Gonna read through everything and keep trying...I don't want to lose everything again though, I finally got my phone set w. apps and customization that I like, now..I cant use TI backup w.out root right? any way to completely backup how my phone is now, in case i have to reflash again/lose everything in order to get root back? Also this sd card issue, CWM read this card no problem before, I think these issues started when i messed around and tried partitioning the sd card, I have formatted it and whiped all data but, does anyone know anything to do to get this memory card to be able to be mounted in CWM? I believe this micro sd card issue is the "root" pun slightly intended, of my problems.

only thing i think of is to unformate the sd as in unpartition it save contents to pc erase and use the new nandroid by woodstock

Upvote 0
only thing i think of is to unformate the sd as in unpartition it save contents to pc erase and use the new nandroid by woodstock

A- I already reformatted the entire card so there are no partitions on it. And tried all this to no avail. B- Im pretty much about to just do that, but saving contents will only save my pics/media, apps i'd like to save...and If i can't get CWM to read the card, I can't do any of this, very annoying...About to go run out and buy a 32 gig.

Upvote 0
Hi guys and gals....

Been gone all day but I commented on another post about this from earlier, but I wondered if I do the update because my phone has gone absolutely crazy over the last few days, can I re-root without the CWM? I have been too scared to to use the CWM but still liked that my phone was rooted but if I need to use the CWM then I am sure being a semi noob I will be back on here in a few now that I am home for help...Im scared guys its like too much at once but I am willing to try but I just wanted to know if I could do it without it

Upvote 0
Hi guys and gals....

Been gone all day but I commented on another post about this from earlier, but I wondered if I do the update because my phone has gone absolutely crazy over the last few days, can I re-root without the CWM? I have been too scared to to use the CWM but still liked that my phone was rooted but if I need to use the CWM then I am sure being a semi noob I will be back on here in a few now that I am home for help...Im scared guys its like too much at once but I am willing to try but I just wanted to know if I could do it without it
No you cant. But you can flash stock recovery back to the phone after you root it. I dont know why you would though because the recovery does not effect the way the phone operates.

Upvote 0
No you cant. But you can flash stock recovery back to the phone after you root it. I dont know why you would though because the recovery does not effect the way the phone operates.

Thanks Woodstock...maybe I should just leave it alone but the many many problems people were having with there phone I wasn't having until the last couple of days, now I did include the build.prop update from another post, but thats the only changes I've made and I want to throw this phone out the window...I figured the update would make it run smoother and if thats the case I guess I would take that over root *sadly* anyday...I'm an app hawk, I literally have 98 apps from themes to file explorers but like others I guess I want the "new toy"...what to do what to do:(

Upvote 0
Thanks all...I read and read until I figured I understood enough and I first installed CWM to see if I could do it without error and that went well, then I flashed back to the stock using Woodstock's zip, updated using the ZTE online tool, had a few issues updating the ZTE drivers which I knew I had already installed but sleepy me, one eye open and one closed at this hour had the phone OFF...haha anywho, got the CWM one click working and added the superuser zip, it installed from my SD card fine (using a 8gb card) and now I am using titanium backup to reload my apps and data...its not finished yet sso I hope that was ok but its after 2 in the morning and I wanted to thank everyone that helped with their comments...hopefully the backup goes well, if not I will redo something or another...now that I know how to do it and not that scared to anymore :D

Upvote 0
N860_B08c_NANDROID

Removed:
Nothing at all

Added:
Rooted with CWM
A file explorer (for root);)

Requirements: A rooted ZTE warp with CWM recovery installed.

How to install

1. Unzip and copy the contents of N860_B08c_NANDROID.zip to your SD card. In the clockworkmod/backup/ folder
  2. Reboot phone into CWM recovery.
  3. Go to wipe data and factory reset. Select yes
  4. Go to wipe cache. Select yes.
  5. OPTIONAL: Go to advanced. Select wipe dalvik cache. Select yes.
  6. Go to backup and restore. Select Restore. Choose 2012-03-04.14.50.29 and select yes.
Reboot phone and enjoy.

N860_B08c_NANDROID.zip

I am sorry woodstock if I have offended you by posting this in any way, I did not read your post before I thanked you. anyway, I used this and it worked great, as always... Mark

P.S. Nice to hear from you... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones