• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

Ok Im really not a noob at this kind of stuff, but there is a lot to keep track of. I got the CWM installed successfully but I still cannot access the SD card on my comp. to install superuser? Did I do something wrong maybe?

Are you trying to access it while in recovery? If so, you should put the file on your SDCard prior to booting into recovery.

Reactions: ItsJakeO
Upvote 0
Are you trying to access it while in recovery? If so, you should put the file on your SDCard prior to booting into recovery.
ok thanks, that I understand now but it says my phone is not rooted. After I install CWM do I have to apply an update or something? I know there is probably a thread explaining but they are all starting to run together and Im getting even more confused o_O sorry guys

UPDATE: GOT IT FINALLY!! Just took a little common sense I didnt have at the moment :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Woodstock for the work on this. Had to use PdaNet to take care of my driver problems. Other than that it worked like a charm. Tried a custom recovery that down graded my phone to 0B08b but was getting a black screen after waking up the phone. (mine came stock with 0B08c). Any links for a custom recovery from the 0B08c build? Wish I could use the nandroid from Shinru.

edit: thanks sidewinder for the PdaNet info :)

Reactions: cyntalkz87
Upvote 0
hey plz plz cant some one make a video on how to do all this i just cant seem to be able to do it plzz?

on your phone
1. Goto settings > applications > development
2. Check the box for "usb debugging"
3. Hook up your phone to your computer via usb
on your computer
1. Download CWM one click.
2. Unzip the one click folder
3. Run "cwm_recovery.bat"
4. Download superuser.zip
5. Place superuser.zip on your phone sdcard
on phone
1. Boot into recovery by holding both the power and vol+ buttons
2. Goto install zip from sdcard
3. Find you zip and click it.
4. Scroll to yes and select it
5. When finished reboot and it will be rooted

Upvote 0
on your phone
1. Goto settings > applications > development
2. Check the box for "usb debugging"
3. Hook up your phone to your computer via usb
on your computer
1. Download CWM one click.
2. Unzip the one click folder
3. Run "cwm_recovery.bat"
4. Download superuser.zip
5. Place superuser.zip on your phone sdcard
on phone
1. Boot into recovery by holding both the power and vol+ buttons
2. Goto install zip from sdcard
3. Find you zip and click it.
4. Scroll to yes and select it
5. When finished reboot and it will be rooted

So do you know if this will work on windows 7 64-bit? Everytime I try something that someone says will works with 64bit it will go through then at the end it just says loading or waiting for device, and I know all the drivers are installed correctly...

Upvote 0
ruckingoodtime:
Yeah I thought my driver were installed the rite way but nope. So uninstall the drivers you have in now, and then reboot. Then install the pdanet for 64bit drivers, reboot and then try it again. Worked for me. Good luck

I tried that but it said it couldn't communicate with device or something like tile that...
which method and what files should I be using exactly can you send links for the right stuff I need? maybe I'm not even doing it right. using one click method I believe...

Upvote 0
ruckingoodtime:
Yeah I thought my driver were installed the rite way but nope. So uninstall the drivers you have in now, and then reboot. Then install the pdanet for 64bit drivers, reboot and then try it again. Worked for me. Good luck

I got it finally, Finally have root.... say I want to uninstall cwm, how do I do that and what is the zte warp recovery installer v2 for?

Upvote 0
I would start by looking at apps that run in the background alot. I would just pick 5 apps uninstall them and see if it stops doing what its doing. If it does I would reinstall one at a time until you find the culprit. If uninstalling those five doesnt fix the problem reinstall all five and try five others and so on a so forth.
If I had to guess the most likely problem apps I would say

• yahoo mail
  • bravose
  • tweetcaster pro
  • cache cleaner
  • living social
  • four square <<<notoriously bad app
  • appaware <<<notoriously bad app

Go through all of your apps and see if any have ads in them.
Apps arent built with viruses in them normally but apps that have ads involved with them are known to open a way for viruses to get onto your phone. I would get adfree off of the market and use it to eliminate ads. I know alot of people who only root so that they can use adfree.

I personally dont understand having that many apps. Well I do but you have so many that kind of do the same thing. That i dont understand. I mean you have three browsers. Why?

Whoa whoa whoa, if you've rooted your phone, you have no need for any of that Go stuff.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong thing there. Sorry

Upvote 0
Hello...i have been reading the post in here and i would like to see if someone can help me root my zte warp. Its getting me really confusing and i get lost everytime i try.
and also is there a app or something to use tethering without having to root the phone i have used apps from google play but nothing seems to work :'l
this is my email if someone can help me with something...martinberlanga124@yahoo.com
Thanks.

Upvote 0
@Knoxville363 got my phone rooted ^_^ using that video last night but idk if rooting my phone had a problem with my phn. Since i woke up and i had it charging last night and i woke up and it was like frezze i think. Since i had to turn of and on the phone. If someone knows i would like to know about it thanks c:
One more thing what else can i use the rooting for.?
I just rooted for the tethring LOL.

Upvote 0
Hello, new to this forum. I have followed all the instructions, downloaded all the app's, and my phone is still not rooted. I have tried everything I can think of. I am using Klink, my phone tethered to my alienware laptop for internet access @ 3G speed. Please help. LOL

My last phone was a Galaxy Prevail and I was able to root it easily, but this root is not working at all. How do I reboot in recovery mode? I am stumped! LOL

NM, I am rooted now. figured it out. Now, if I can just get Everquest to connect, I will be good. LOL

Any Everquest players out there with some advise? LOL

Upvote 0
Hey i have a question i'm having the same problem that n0ve having.. Everything goes thru the only problem that i'm having is when i'm in recovery mode. I click choose zip from sd card i get E: can't mount /sdcard/. Does anyone know what the problem maybe??

in working with Noove, the solution was to either replace the card or to re-format it using software like this one: partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

fat32 works for me

Reactions: xtronwest
Upvote 0
I followed the instructions but when I boot into recovery in CWM i dont get the option to install from SD. Only option I get is install update from SD and that does not work with the super user file i download from the OP. anyone have an idea what im doing wrong?

GOD! im such a jerk! the whole time sitting here thinking I had successfuly installed CWM but all i was doing was booting into the normal android recovery. Im all set now, Just installed the SU file and started successfully tethering.

Just incase anyone is is wondering, the only issue was the driver thing. If you follow what woodstock posted on going through your device manager to update the drivers it should work just fine. :D thanks guys for all the work you do!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones