1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] root for phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djdrma, Aug 26, 2014.

1. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

Hi I need help with my phone. I try to root it and it doesn't work. I don't want a Rom on there because last time I did I messed it up so bad that my radios got fried. Anyway I tried rooting my phone with the guide. I installed a tarp recovery and put superuser on the internal drive on the phone flashed it and all that happens is the notification saying superuser has stopped.

Advertisement

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Try this (towelroot)
    https://towelroot.com/
    Once installed,Click on towelroot and tap on Make It Rain.

3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

When I originally rooted my phone I had problems with superuser crashing. Use SuperSU instead.

4. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

i tried towelroot it doesnt work. i even checked with the root checker it doesnt work

5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

6. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

its fixed now. so here was the problem. I didn't follow directions I was told to flash the philz recovery and I used twrp instead. as soon as i installed philz and the superuser it started working

7. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Awesome,Glad you got your root working.

8. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Glad to see you got it working. You could have also used Philz to root the phone. It has the option built-in. I just sent you a PM with that info but it looks like you don't need it. :D

dmcjr22 likes this.
  9. DWILSON48625

DWILSON48625 Android Enthusiast

www.toweloot.com

tap that upside down y thing.

Its how I did it.

Its an app.
    4.4.2 and NDC is what Im on.

10. DWILSON48625

Is my understanding that flashing philz as recovery and choosing root upon exiting will root also. Phil stopped support this month (bummer), but its a excellent recovery.

11. wetbiker7

No doubt. It freaking sux Philz is stopping development. I'm bummed.

I was actually hesitant to use Philz when it 1st came out. Now I can't imagine life without it. Oh well, it is what it is. Looks like I'll be moving on to CWM touch when I can no longer use Philz. :cool:

jaymzway likes this.
  12. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

:ditto:

WoW this does freekin suck! chicken butts! man Feels like as if I lost a best friend. Dayum Sweet Recovery with out Philz it's like looking at a drag car without the engine all you can do is stare at it!!!! .. WoW

Im going back to my :call2: moto flip phone WoW just simply WoW...

13. DWILSON48625

At least he gave us a fantastic recovery..

THANKS PHIL!!

jaymzway likes this.
  14. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

Amen to that brutha he most certainly did but to clear my intentions was there after we can no longer use it. Is what I was referring to n sad to see him walk away.

Thank you Phil, Awesome work!!!!!!!!!

15. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

Philz still works fine for the foreseeable future and when the day comes to switch, I am going to check out TWRP. Phil says he is going to switch to TWRP himself on his own phone.

I assume we still don't know what will happen with Lollypop on the S3. No official upgrade but probably custom versions. Who knows what this will mean for recoveries.

jaymzway likes this.
  16. DWILSON48625

Im hearing lollipop is locked down pretty hard for root. Ill keep my custom rom till the phone peters out and I upgrade..

Sometimes bein late to the new phone game means less frustration waiting for development.

17. wetbiker7

That is so true. What many people fail to realize when a new device is released is that it takes time, sometimes months, to root, get a recovery, and get decent ROMs built. Going out and getting one when it's 1st released really isn't a good idea if you are planning to root and flash custom builds. :thumbup:

jaymzway likes this.