• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Root][Recovery]Ultimate warp drive!

Hi all, I have used this and I got CWM and then Superuser installed, but then when I try to use the patch on CWM after it shutdwon to reboot then on my computer it says Unknown Device and your usb device was not recognized and it says the patch is transdered but the hangs at Rebooting... and just stays at the Android screen, I shut the phone down and restart then it detects it again correctly. I then retried to install the patch a couple of times with the exact same results. I have tested and do have root, but is there a manual way of installing the CWM patch?

Edit: Ok, I'm sorry I posted this prematurely. When it said "Before continuing make sure you're fully booted into Android" for the patch process I manually restarted my phone and left the cmd running and when it rebooted this time full I hit enter in the cmd and it completed successfully.

Upvote 0

ran this from my phone on recovery mode and it went thru but when I try to open superuser or titanium it says that my phone is not rooted or at least not rooted correctly.....man the prevail was alot easier to do using Odin !! I had my phone (the zte) rooted before the update and loved it. Now I am having a Bi$#$#h of a time getting it rooted again . Do we have a forum just for the new roms that are coming out since the update ?

Also I saw one rom that said to flash using CWM ?? man I wish I had left that update alone !! LOL....please help !!!

Upvote 0
Okay. I run the "RUN ME" file but after the phone reboots it just hangs. I just installed the drivers successfully (I had to use a 32-bit Windows OS for whatever reason), started going through the menu in the script, and it just hangs at the screen with the android thing on it. At least I think it's hanging. Does it normally take this long? (It's been there for about ten minutes now).

It just says "<waiting for device>" on the command line.

Upvote 0
instead of saying 'please wait for clockworkmod to fully boot' it should be 'please wait for phone to reconnect to your computer'. That's a fix that needs to be done but im not supporting this program anymore since i dont have my warp officially anymore. Though i still highly strongly recommend it ;)

Upvote 0
instead of saying 'please wait for clockworkmod to fully boot' it should be 'please wait for phone to reconnect to your computer'. That's a fix that needs to be done but im not supporting this program anymore since i dont have my warp officially anymore. Though i still highly strongly recommend it ;)

How is the Evo? I think it looks amazing, but i did say that about the warp before anyone knew about the reboots and all.

Upvote 0
Follow Snake X's instructions at the top of the page, then watch knoxville 363's 16 min video an transfer the superuser.zip file to your SD card following his instructions, if you follwed Snake X's instructions your phone will be stuck CWM, then follow knoxvilles last roughly four minutes of the 16 minute video on how to install the superuser.zip file while booted into CWM. If you do this correctly you will acheive a rooted ZTE WARP. If you have questions feel free to email me @ ouroutlooks @ live an ill help if I can. Thanx again to everyone who made it possible to Root the ZTE WARP.

Upvote 0
Did boost break this? I can get CWM installed, but as soon as I reboot to install superuser it has the stock recovery. i'm on B08C
To add to this, I've tried the one click root method, as well as manually flashing the CWM recovery image. It works on the first reboot, I can get into CWM and do stuff, in fact I installed superuser.zip from within CWM. But when I boot into the phone (normal boot) then reboot into recovery, the stock recovery is there. Is there something else I need to do? I remember there was something similar problem with the prevail, you had to use a hacked update.zip or something to stop the stock recovery from reinstalling. But I've searched the forums, I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. :thinking:

Upvote 0
download and install a custom ROM and you can get root and stay rooted with cwm... I strongly recommend my ROM (n00b ROM) as a starting point, it's a ROM with NO issues and all the goodies available as far as functionality with the smallest footprint of any ROMS right now.

there are other good ROMS for this phone that would do the same thing but I am biased :)

I believe there is a file on the phones put there by boost now that tries to keep the stock recovery, not sure where it is on the phone, but you have to delete that file so recovery doesn't get written back to stock when you reboot.

Or just flash a custom ROM

Upvote 0
On ZTE warp Ultimate Warp Drive; Figured out the driver problem! Ran the script and: Weird tho, but a temporary foothold is a good sign! After installing the CWm recovery again (as well as every time) the all in one installer script stops responding! Newer ZTE warp automatically is deleting new recovery each and every time! But it doesn't delete the nandroid backup. So after the all in one temporarily installs new recovery and root close the adb scipt out it stops anyway. So I have to manually put bo8c , superuser, and jbrd_400_data_fix_v2, on sd card in newfolder! So rerun the script and reinstall cwm with magic installer again with temporary root close the installer it stops anyway! Don't reset it stay in CWM recovery and manually zip those three files. Then go into Make another nandroid backup. After a few more fruitless reboots the new recovery and root is permanent! The problem is that in newer phones they somehow design them so that adb from computer is blocked etc. So once you get a foot in the door you have to continue from within the phone itself! I don't know why but when I rooted my optimus V after that I couldn't use adb or fastboot even with drivers, I had to use terminal emulator from within the phone itself. It's all there in you're Ultimate Warp Drive forums and downloads it's only that it's only that a person has to use creativity and change up the game plan! Thanks for the resources! You might consider summarizing this post and reposting it for those zte warp users who are having problems finishing the job!
Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones