1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[BOOST MOBILE] Samsung Galaxy S2/Epic Touch 4G

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kyle1836, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Kyle1836

Kyle1836 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2012
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Hello, I have a very stumping question i'd like to ask the community! I just like to start by saying, I soft-bricked my phone and went on craigslist to find a person to fix it. I ended up spending over two-hundred dollars for a "fix". The guy that did it was already arrested before for stealing and stuff like that. He is very smart in computers and phones, in fact he graduated college for it.

Getting onto the story, there was this guy from craigslist who said he could write a custom rom, from Sprint for my Boost Mobile phone. He said that it cost $185 for the code. So anyways, I tried putting a $20 re-boost card onto my phone tonight. The first time I called the Boost Re-Boost number from my phone, it immediately rebooted. Then, I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. I tried taking the battery and then holding the battery button and then pushing in the power button again. It will start up but if the screen "sleeps", the power button is USELESS. Even if the screen is on I have no way of turning the phone on or off without taking the battery out and putting it back in. I honestly put more then two-hundred dollars into this device that's been out for two years. Should I get it checked out or just dump it and get the new Moto G? I appreciate ANY input! Thanks in advance!

Moto G Android Phone Specs | Boost Mobile

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    This thread was moved to the sub-forum where device comparisons are discussed.

If it was me my first choice in Verizon would be Droid Maxx. My first choice elsewhere would be Moto X.

... Thom

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

4. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2012
    Male
    College Student
    Uhmerica
    Surely, at some point when learning about root and custom ROMs you read, "If you can't do this yourself, you shouldn't be doing it all" or something like that. Because this is what happens.

And why did you need a custom Sprint ROM for your Boost phone? What could it possibly have? Was this list of Boost ROMs not enough? You can probably find more here and on Xda. And I have doubts that the porting process from Sprint to Boost is worth 185$. Also, porting something like this could potentially leave you isolated from receiving help. Because now you're the only one with your ROM.

You could try fixing it yourself using a ROM for your phone. I would try that first. If that fails then the Moto G looks like a good, cheap option. Although, it doesn't have LTE or the ability to use an Sd card.

5. kaivorth

kaivorth Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2012
    Just get the Moto G. Trust me. I'm in a similar boat.