• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Shinjitsu Rom 1.5.2.4 OTA Available(Discontinued)

Which battery icon do you like better?

• 1.5b Battery Icon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 1.5.1c Battery Icon

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did i make the stock beta cut?

lol yea but i ran into a little issue with the update script and i hit the wifi error issue, so i might need to upload the nandroid backup for now till i can get the issue sorted out. im also going to try and flash the custom kernel i made using a script flashing it as zImage kernel instead of full boot.img

EDIT: Holy crap my custom kernel booted!!!!! Now to test for overclock :) and see if wifi is working again

lol never mind apparently it wrote the file but didn't replace the original

Reactions: Snake X and ctislva
Upvote 0
As far as the md5 sum error delete the space in the folder name. The rest of the errors im sure has to deal with the clearing of the dalvik-cache so before you install this

adb shell
su
stop
remount rw
rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
reboot recovery

As i said before i think there may be errors with the way CWM is deleting the dalvik, if it even does

ok tryed it all again and didnt work same error failed to restore /system restore then aborted im at a loss the nandroid restores just fine. no clue

Upvote 0
Make sure you have fully extracted the files

Take a look at the extracted files if any shows 0 bites... it's corrupted
ok ill look thank you, i looked and fould multiple 0kb files . i have done it on pc and transfed and all files look ok. going to try again.

ok everything is fine now thanks for the help tookah and shinjitsu2004. looks great shinjitsu2004 very clean and snappy!

Upvote 0
I haven't really experienced any lag. Only thing i can think of is the dalvik-cache rebuild. Try restarting it and let it zipalign the databases. Runs smooth for me. I will comb over it again still trying to slim it down. Atleast its a foot in the door, i've been working with sebastian404 on the kernel. I'll check out the lag and be sure to post any bugs or errors.

Well, I figured out that the lag was caused by me turning up all the detail in the live wallpaper, sorry, and the keyboard is awesome with the 3D zoom effect, but it would be more awesome if the black background flipped up like a tile and then all the keys flipped like tiles from both side, it'd be real cool, I think it'd be awesome if it was all themed off tiles, almost like WP7, but still Android. Windows suck :p

Upvote 0
Got my theme fixed, i switched to adw ex, i had it integrated into system so my back up of all my setting in ti pro is no good, but, its complete butter, wifi works perfect for me. So far these are the bugs i found, battery info in spare parts, force closes, and su binaries can't update, it says its trying to fix the database but fails. Beyond that, your rom is by far the best thing that has happened on for this phone. Well with the exceptions for root and cwm :)

got to say that crt effect is friggin sweet!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones