1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] so i want to theme my own rom...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vitokes, Aug 23, 2012.

1. vitokes

vitokes Member

scary i know. im wanting to make my own theme for my warp. im trying to make it simple first and see if it will work for me. then maybe ill think about releasing it to the public. i just dont want to be responsible for breaking someones phone. i dont care about mine.

so pretty much what im doing here is asking how do i start this? im already on the online kitchen but what rom can i use? can i just use one of the stock bo8/c roms or what? any help is more than appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Just take the framework-res.apk and the systemui.apk from your current rom and up load them to the kitchen

3. vitokes

vitokes Member

so i can just do this with one of the stock bo8c roms? take it from there and then upload it and reflash the new rom

4. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

Yes that will work. UOT will only take you so far.. use programs like apk manager, photoshop, ninjamorph, and notepad++ for everything else

5. vitokes

vitokes Member

all of this will be a first for me hannah. so im gonna give the uot a try first and see if i get it right. i still have no clue what im doing but im diving in haha cant swim if i dont try, i guess my thing is finding the files first lol

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yes you can do it with the stock b08c but if you are creating a from I would recommend. Going to Mrbobos noob from and go to his 3post . There you will find a stock deodexed base you can use along with addons and such.
    Mholloway has a great guide on theming signal bars since uot doesn't do it correctly. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me

7. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Hey vitoke let me know if you need any help :)

vitokes likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Team Help lol

9. vitokes

vitokes Member

ill let you guys know how im going! at first im gonna try and get a stock bo8c running with the theme i do and then from there ill think about actually making it a rom. ill be most likely asking for a lot of help! lol but if you guys have any ideas then pm me some help. maybe simple things i can do to just make it more badass! i do want to make something original i can give back to all the warpers here. even if i have to go from step 1. let me know everyone!

10. vitokes

vitokes Member

well i tried no luck

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Lol, what's up?

12. vitokes

vitokes Member

idk what happened actually. i themed it out and i got it done and then i got the .zip from uot and it didnt work. idk why. it installed and everything but it just didnt change. i did see a lot of options in the end there that i didnt touch because i though i only needed the framework and systemui.but im still not to sure.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Did you change it to edify scripting? And set up the boot animation to cyanogen? /system/media

14. vitokes

vitokes Member

no i didnt. but im guessing i needed that?

15. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

one other tip, hopefully you saw this but in uot you can download your settings so if you need to redo it you don't have to manually remember everything you did last time.

vitokes likes this.
  16. vitokes

vitokes Member

i did see the download settings thing but i was to much in a rush to even do it!:p i was like hell yeah this will look so sick but it didnt even work so i was like damn lol

and also on edify scripting do i change that to the amend or do i leave it at edify and change it to anything else? by default its MTD. and the other options are EMMC, Galaxy, and Optimus.

17. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

There should be a team help XD

Theming is a LOT of work. Warp Shark never got finished, because I couldn't theme the text message app fully, and I got frustrated ~_~;; Though I did change the timestamp to white! Then...the background was also white...and so was the rest of the text....SO! that being said. Oops.

18. vitokes

vitokes Member

well i dont have trouble with doing the themes i can do with just uot but the problem im having is making the theme actually apply to any rom. sometimes it wont give me and error or update aborted message. itll just "install" and then nothing happens. so i dont know what im doing wrong lol

19. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Make sure the theme you're trying to flash is the right one. Example: if you have framework and systemUI from stock b08 make sure to flash it to that Rom only.

mhannah3333 likes this.
  20. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

There's a thread in xda for theming the gingerbread mms

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews