1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Someone from cyanagenmod to help us get cm10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Warper4lyfe, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Warper4lyfe

I asked him n he said he was from cyanagen

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. themaninblk

themaninblk Well-Known Member

Who?

3. Warper4lyfe

CheckYueDamn6.i was pming him n he said he was cyanagenmod

4. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Android Expert

Can't believe him without proof, he asked to have his post removed after being politely questioned. Anyone who wasn't a scammer would completely understand distrust over the Internet

5. Warper4lyfe

Ima ask him if he can supply a link to one of his roms

SelfElevated2 likes this.
  6. themaninblk

I can't find any info of him being with cyanogen but that dosent mean he dosent go by another handle elsewhere i suppose. But i would beware. I can say ive done cm work but without proof who would i expect to believe me? Now i am NOT calling anyone a liar, cheat or troll. I am just advising to tread carefully as i have said in another post that this forum has been trolled before and we have been let down. Just looking for a little proof ya know.

SelfElevated2 and Warper4lyfe like this.
  7. yankees5963

yankees5963 Android Enthusiast

Yea especially because we are working on cm7/9 and have enough troubled. if someone was from cm they would help with cm7 first. Too much people fall in scammers traps.

Warper4lyfe likes this.
  8. Warper4lyfe

I just checked cyanagenmod n searched for his name n nothing popped up n i just tried to msg him n he disabled people from making him

9. Warper4lyfe

He's a troll

10. SelfElevated2

Yeah he was asked for a link to proof yesterday just before asking for his post to be removed. I knew after the post yesterday he was no good. Oh well, we have plenty of great developer's already. It's not a big deal

themaninblk and Warper4lyfe like this.
  11. dollardagreat

dollardagreat Well-Known Member

Y do yawl worry if people is a scam and why do these people get banned. I dont have to prove nothing to no one and u don't have to download anybody rom. U do it if u choose, in this forum everyone want to be a cop and question people. Let them claim whom they are and participate their work. Nothing gets progress this way. This is wat I don't like in the Warp forum, I'm about to get the HTC Evo Design Boost And Leave Yawl Kids Alone.......I'm Going To Update My Rom 2 More Times Because I'm Working On A Replacement Lock Screen, (No App, Lock Screen Change In The Framework).....Googling me don't tell you if I know what I'm talking about, that just mean I don't want to participate in all these childish forums so you don't see me on Google.....

themaninblk likes this.
  12. themaninblk

No one is asking you to prove anything. Your name never came up dollar. We are concerned because this type of trolling hinders the progress of legitimate roms and cm work on the warp. It waists dev and user time checking and testing this stuff and if its fake then it can brick phones for users who dont know advanced recovery techniques. We have every right to question and debate on the legitimacy of these posts that are clearly trolling.

Edit: accidently thanked ur post...certainly didnt mean to.

SelfElevated2 likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well I would think that you have more than proven yourself to the community. The problem with a new developer coming out of no background claiming that they can do all these things that haven't been accomplished yet is, how to you trust them. Yes, anyone can build a rom, but what if what they built wasn't intended for the Warp? Could any user just fix their phone? Do they have someone that will respond to their rom post? Yes some of us can fix these issues. But how do we really know anything from a user that doesn't respond to questions? Either way, we are getting a little jaded, and we also have to be careful.

SelfElevated2 and themaninblk like this.
  14. SelfElevated2

Yeah your name definitely wasn't mentioned. The 2 posts above are a perfect explanations of why proof is needed from new names with next to no history on they're profile. There are plenty of devs I would download from without asking a single question. But a user with no background isn't 1. We have been having issues and are just being diligent

themaninblk likes this.
  15. SelfElevated2

I just went and found your rom, it looks nice, and plenty of people have tried it. In fact after seeing it i remember you first posting it. Anyway your rom looks like you did a awesome job

16. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Whats it called

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

18. UnknownUser1

Iv seen that ialmost started using it but theres some stuff i didnt care for

19. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well that's you choice. Not many used mine either, but I also didn't have time to work on it.

20. UnknownUser1

It happens but it was still good worki liked the look of the ones he did.

21. dollardagreat

dollardagreat Well-Known Member

All I'm Saying Is U Don't Have Believe Everyone Or Check There Work...I Learn How To Do Things From Testing And Failing, That Is Part Of The Game....

22. Warper4lyfe

All we r saying is that u cant never b to safe

dollardagreat and SelfElevated2 like this.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

CheckYueDamn6 is a play on moderator Slug's tag line, "Check Six!"

He is a serial troller and crops up with different names from time to time.

His latest pseudonym was based on Slug's tag line because Slug banned him last.

He's been in the Warp forum under another name before this and was hated by many of you for the troll he was and trouble he caused.

The only opinion that gets you banned around here is the opinion that the rules don't apply to you.

Otherwise, we are more than mellow. :)

Ok if we let it go at that?

Your call gang, but this was us protecting you. ;) :)

24. Warper4lyfe

Thnk u

EarlyMon likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Makes sense. Thank you

EarlyMon likes this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews