1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] [SPH-L710][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdsingle76, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast

[​IMG] [SPH-L710][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13]

Confirmed working for Sprint, VM, and Boost Mobile variants

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what you do with your phone. Please flash at your own risk [​IMG]

I can not take any credit for this, only sharing a GREAT resource that was shared with me. Please be sure to thank @Cnexus for letting me link his SPH-L710 PhilZ OP and of course, @Phil3759, for making such a great recovery.

For those who have yet to experience PhilZ Touch Recovery, it is a CWM-Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM. It is a well proven recovery for many phones

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support(Phil3759):
    Link

Link to SPH-L710 OP(CNexus):
    Link

Download links:
    Link

Install Instructions
    1. Flash using your current recovery and then do a "reboot recovery" to get into Philz Touch!

Enjoy [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I've been using this for a few days now. I'm very impressed. I like it better than TWRP but maybe that's just because I'm used to CWM.

Slayer72 likes this.
  3. Knoxville363

Knoxville363 Well-Known Member

i like it better than team win...thanks

4. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Smart move JD making this thread! I had to add the specific page for CNexus's post to my bookmarks I've been referencing it so much, and got tired of looking for it every time I needed to include a link.

jdsingle76 likes this.
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

FYI, this recovery has been added to the "Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3."

This thread has also been added with the original post. :)

jaymzway and jdsingle76 like this.
  6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Member

this is a great post, I've been using Philz for a while now and its really good.

jaymzway, wetbiker7 and jdsingle76 like this.
  7. HwDzBeAzT

HwDzBeAzT Well-Known Member

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS I CAN'T SEEM TO GET THIS PHILZ TOUCH TO WORK N HOW DO YOU REMOVE WRITE PROTECTION OF S4 AT&T I337MF3 anybody help me out I flashed in recovery rebooted back to recovery instead of letting the phone boot but no luck

8. jdsingle76

Did you try to flash this version to you S4?

9. HwDzBeAzT

HwDzBeAzT Well-Known Member

Yea the 6.08 wtc version for at&t .zip

10. jdsingle76

This thread is for the d2spr versions of the recovery, and I am not familiar with your phone or ROM. Now that the disclaimer is out there, generally speaking, I would try downloading the zip again, check md5, reboot to recovery, wipe cache, dalvik, and flash again. If that doesn't work, then try a full wipe. But this is not the correct forum for you device, so if it doesn't work, please seek out the forum for your device. Thanks :)

11. wetbiker7

I couldn't agree more bro. With the huge differences between devices, it is highly recommended to stick to your devices section. Many have ended up with bricked phones by venturing outside of the carrier sections.

Thankfully Boost and VM are compatible in most areas. I wish I could say that about AT&T but sadly that isn't the case.

jdsingle76 likes this.
  12. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

Sticky! Because..

[​IMG]

jdsingle76 likes this.
  13. wetbiker7

I just wanted to jump in here and say that I have finally decided to go with Philz Recovery and love it.

Trying to flash the new versions wasn't happening with the version of TWRP I was running. Philz to the rescue! :D

14. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

I'm having problems with Titanium Backup seeing my sd card, and was reading that people reet permissions and it fixed the issue.....is there a way to reset permissions in philz recovery? I checked and could not find any such option.

15. papa b

papa b Member

philz touch 6.12.8 d2spr is up...

Also, the "download" link in the Op (this thread) is outdated...

The XDA thread has not been updated to reflect yet but the updated build is there.

smith058, mydian and struckn like this.
  16. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

Philzs touch fixes permission when you flash. I seen it when flashing on tab

17. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast

Just a heads up, there's a new version of Philz out. You'll need it to flash KK roms... Don't forget to keep your recovery up to date! You can find the new version by heading to the main thread in the OP.

jdsingle76 likes this.
  18. dizzle16

dizzle16 Android Enthusiast

Would that be a reason I got a error message when I rooted my galaxy s3 this past weekend? Everything went without a hitch until it came time to flash the stock ROM and I got a error message and it wouldn't let me flash it. Thankfully I had the cyanogenmod 11 Rom and pa Google apps already on my SD card so I flashed that. As of now though I have no nandroid backup on my SD card because I just went right to a custom Rom lol. I guess I'm asking is there any known issues flashing that stock mk5 Rom?

19. rickpcb

It could have been your recovery. What was the error message?

20. wetbiker7

jaymzway likes this.
  21. rickpcb

Yeah, Philz has lots of great features. I use that between every ROM to make sure I start fresh with no conflicts :) But I might mention that was probably post #4 you were looking at bro LOL

fatnickd1 likes this.
  22. wetbiker7

Look at post #6. :D

23. rickpcb

I tried bro... but that thread only has 4 posts LOL :D

24. wetbiker7

LMAO!!!!!! That's crazy bro!!!! It has 6 in Tapatalk. I just checked on my pc and sure enough, it's 4. Too weird.

EDIT: For some reason the 1st 2 post in Tapatalk are blank but counted. Strange! :D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews