• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [SPH-L710][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13]

jdsingle76

Android Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2012
TN
icon1.gif
[SPH-L710][CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery 6.0 [11.24.13]

Confirmed working for Sprint, VM, and Boost Mobile variants

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what you do with your phone. Please flash at your own risk
smile.gif

I can not take any credit for this, only sharing a GREAT resource that was shared with me. Please be sure to thank @Cnexus for letting me link his SPH-L710 PhilZ OP and of course, @Phil3759, for making such a great recovery.

For those who have yet to experience PhilZ Touch Recovery, it is a CWM-Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM. It is a well proven recovery for many phones

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support(Phil3759):
Link

Link to SPH-L710 OP(CNexus):
Link

Download links:
Link

Install Instructions
1. Flash using your current recovery and then do a "reboot recovery" to get into Philz Touch!

Enjoy
cool.gif

Yea the 6.08 wtc version for at&t .zip

This thread is for the d2spr versions of the recovery, and I am not familiar with your phone or ROM. Now that the disclaimer is out there, generally speaking, I would try downloading the zip again, check md5, reboot to recovery, wipe cache, dalvik, and flash again. If that doesn't work, then try a full wipe. But this is not the correct forum for you device, so if it doesn't work, please seek out the forum for your device. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
This thread is for the d2spr versions of the recovery, and I am not familiar with your phone or ROM. Now that the disclaimer is out there, generally speaking, I would try downloading the zip again, check md5, reboot to recovery, wipe cache, dalvik, and flash again. If that doesn't work, then try a full wipe. But this is not the correct forum for you device, so if it doesn't work, please seek out the forum for your device. Thanks :)

I couldn't agree more bro. With the huge differences between devices, it is highly recommended to stick to your devices section. Many have ended up with bricked phones by venturing outside of the carrier sections.

Thankfully Boost and VM are compatible in most areas. I wish I could say that about AT&T but sadly that isn't the case.

Reactions: jdsingle76
Upvote 0
Just a heads up, there's a new version of Philz out. You'll need it to flash KK roms... Don't forget to keep your recovery up to date! You can find the new version by heading to the main thread in the OP.

Would that be a reason I got a error message when I rooted my galaxy s3 this past weekend? Everything went without a hitch until it came time to flash the stock ROM and I got a error message and it wouldn't let me flash it. Thankfully I had the cyanogenmod 11 Rom and pa Google apps already on my SD card so I flashed that. As of now though I have no nandroid backup on my SD card because I just went right to a custom Rom lol. I guess I'm asking is there any known issues flashing that stock mk5 Rom?

Upvote 0
Would that be a reason I got a error message when I rooted my galaxy s3 this past weekend? Everything went without a hitch until it came time to flash the stock ROM and I got a error message and it wouldn't let me flash it. Thankfully I had the cyanogenmod 11 Rom and pa Google apps already on my SD card so I flashed that. As of now though I have no nandroid backup on my SD card because I just went right to a custom Rom lol. I guess I'm asking is there any known issues flashing that stock mk5 Rom?

It could have been your recovery. What was the error message?

Upvote 0
Here's something I found for those of you who need to know how to wipe your internal storage while using Philz. :D

Post #6 has the best instructions.

How to format internal storage in Philz Recovery? - xda-developers

Hope it helps. I know it'll definitely come in handy for me. :thumbup:

Yeah, Philz has lots of great features. I use that between every ROM to make sure I start fresh with no conflicts :) But I might mention that was probably post #4 you were looking at bro LOL

Reactions: fatnickd1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones