• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] SPH-L710T Stock Rooted Flashable Rom

sean82007

Feb 16, 2011
My dear friends,

We now officially have a stock rooted SPH-L710T rom. My awesome friend and dev bthorne79 has supplied us with this. I've never posted this stuff before so ummm here it goes.

BTW, Im not going to teach you how to get cwm and all that, but I will show you how I flashed it. You are doing this on your own and I am not at risk or to blame if you break your device. This is for the Boost, VM, and Sprint Phones.

HOW TO FLASH IT:
Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik
Go into Mounts and Storage
Format boot, system, and data and cache 2x a piece.
Flash in CWM PHILZ Touch as you would any other rom now.
Reboot and wait ten minutes. Give it a minute or two to finish booting once it is at the initial start screen before playing around with it.

*****NOTE: This is based off the stock tar that was pulled by The_Dumbest_noob******

INFO:
*Stock Rooted SPH-L710TVPU0ANF4
*Archi Init.d
*Deodexed
*Zipaligned
*Busybox
*KNOX removed
*In order to fix the write-to-sd issue download the KitKat Fix on playstore as well as the one called Int-SDCard Write Fix (green little android holding sd card). Run those both separately and restart separately and that will fix it.

All works as should.

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95853297432265035

CREDITS:
Bthorne79
The_Dumbest_noob
Juan Eduardo Torres
kdude63 and whoever may have shared it. I don't feel like searching through 25 pages of stuff.
Team OCTos

HUGE UPDATE:
LOOK AT SCREENS BELOW
Android 5.0 is being worked on by a great group of devs I know Team OCTos. Here it is with working baseband. They also have fixed all roms that are 4.4.4 with baseband issues. Have the developer of the rom you want, to sync with CM.

BTW:
No No No I cannot give the zip. I know the model name says 710, the Baseband is our baseband which doesn't work on the 710. It is the same L710T I have been on. The dev is fixing it right now for me. Im just really excited. This is still considered unstable due to issues and the team has told me not to share it so don't bother asking. I will keep you all updated.

Last edited:
SCREENIES:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-11-23-55-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-23-55-28.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Screenshot_2014-12-12-00-40-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-12-00-40-55.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 397
  • OMG 1.png
    OMG 1.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 367
  • OMG 2.png
    OMG 2.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 358
  • OMG 3.png
    OMG 3.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 414
  • OMG 4.png
    OMG 4.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Currently uploading to AFH, will update OP when done.

@stolikat

No this has not been tested on sprint and vm, according to the_dumbest_noob though it is for VM,Boost, and Sprint via odin. So I would suppose it would be flashable, your free to try it out, let me know the results. It should be good.

-Sean

it has been tested on vm/boost
i have boost mobile and the wife has vm
i pulled the file while updating my boostmobile phone then used
it on her phone

Upvote 0
Thank you for verifying, it was really late when this thing fully build, and I was really tired when I made the OP. My apologies on mis-reading it, I didn't feel like going through a crap ton of pages to read it. I figured alot of people here would be happy to see this and I got anxiouis. lol :) Will update OP

Regards,
Sean

Reactions: stolikat
Upvote 0
Thank you for verifying, it was really late when this thing fully build, and I was really tired when I made the OP. My apologies on mis-reading it, I didn't feel like going through a crap ton of pages to read it. I figured alot of people here would be happy to see this and I got anxiouis. lol :) Will update OP

Regards,
Sean

all good bro..... there has been talk with mods about a sub-forum or sticky just waiting to see what happens maybe sort out the confusion between the models ...lol

Upvote 0
Thank you very much bro, I'll send it over to the guys and see what they will do. I'm not sure if they will or will not work on it, but hopes are high.

Regards,
Sean
well i think theres going to be more of these phones around as they dropped rediculosly cheap over the holiday season
and also they seem to be the model you get back when u send a regular sph-l710 model in for insurance claim

Upvote 0
Ok so as of now my only issue is getting permission to system. When I try to copy a file download one or delete one from internal sd it says access denied. I know I need to change permission somewhere. Can anyone verify if that would be system or a file before that?

i use es file manager and mount the system with write access
and then accept the superSU prompt

Upvote 0
Well the apps where De-Odex with the archikitchen along with everything else I added in
yeah I know when building from stock the apps tend to get De-Odexed....I used a different method so people could flash it over their stock out of the box Sph-L710T's if they wanted to do all the modding themselves...but good job and thanks to the OP for giving me credit lol but I’m gonna test this build out :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones