• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Sprint PRL Diagnostics Manager

I've got a question. Can flashing the wrong prl brick your phone? And can we use corporate prls?

The wrong prl wont do anything just wont work well. You can just update prl in settings and bring it back to the original prl.

However; you can permanently brick your phone if you change your prl incorrectly. Follow the steps exactly and don't fool with cdma Workshop if you don't know what your doing.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
NOTE: THIS IS A SYSTEM APPLICATION, NOT A USER APP! Do not try to install like a normal user app. It must be flashed to system/app. This will not work on stock, but who runs stock anyway? Reason being is in order to do some advanced telephony stuff, the app must have android.uid.system permission. Therefore, because it is signed with aosp platform keys, and not oem keys, stock is dead. Should work with any aosp build, assuming the dev has used stock aosp platform keys. Or.... just run Eos, feel our win, problem solved

Reactions: mac42
Upvote 0
does the prl manager work with warp?

I downloaded and installed a couple different ways, just for giggles and kicks. Can't get to the UI.

Probably because of this:
NOTE: THIS IS A SYSTEM APPLICATION, NOT A USER APP! Do not try to install like a normal user app. It must be flashed to system/app. This will not work on stock, but who runs stock anyway? Reason being is in order to do some advanced telephony stuff, the app must have android.uid.system permission. Therefore, because it is signed with aosp platform keys, and not oem keys, stock is dead. Should work with any aosp build, assuming the dev has used stock aosp platform keys. Or.... just run Eos, feel our win, problem solved

So what do I do just flash in twrp? Or copy and past to system/app? I tryed both but I don't think it eorked

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

I tried both those ways, no dice... hmm...

Upvote 0
It says to flash it in recovery.

I tried that as well, and I also have no app drawer icon. Then again, since it's a system app, it most likely isn't designed to have an icon. But still... how do you run it? :thinking: I'm wondering if this isn't because we're not running an official pure AOSP build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones