1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Sprint PRL Diagnostics Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sb43, Dec 24, 2012.

1. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

cbbbbbbbm and A30N like this.
  2. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Ill investigate... my USB is shorted so I can't get any data... no USB... no adb... just charging... an app like this is perfect

3. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

I've got a question. Can flashing the wrong prl brick your phone? And can we use corporate prls?

4. Manodedios

Manodedios Android Enthusiast

The wrong prl wont do anything just wont work well. You can just update prl in settings and bring it back to the original prl.

However; you can permanently brick your phone if you change your prl incorrectly. Follow the steps exactly and don't fool with cdma Workshop if you don't know what your doing.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

5. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Yeah wrong prl doesn't do much... swapping incorrectly will screw you though... haven't investigated this yet but I will once I get a chance

6. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

does the prl manager work with warp?

7. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

NOTE: THIS IS A SYSTEM APPLICATION, NOT A USER APP! Do not try to install like a normal user app. It must be flashed to system/app. This will not work on stock, but who runs stock anyway? Reason being is in order to do some advanced telephony stuff, the app must have android.uid.system permission. Therefore, because it is signed with aosp platform keys, and not oem keys, stock is dead. Should work with any aosp build, assuming the dev has used stock aosp platform keys. Or.... just run Eos, feel our win, problem solved

mac42 likes this.
  8. justin4236

justin4236 Well-Known Member

So what do I do just flash in twrp? Or copy and past to system/app? I tryed both but I don't think it eorked

9. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

I downloaded and installed a couple different ways, just for giggles and kicks. Can't get to the UI.

Probably because of this:

I tried both those ways, no dice... hmm...

10. justin4236

How do you install this?

11. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It says to flash it in recovery.

12. justin4236

I know but does it make an app in the app drawer or is or a hidden menu? If I installed it right I don't know how to open it

13. mercury0x000d

I tried that as well, and I also have no app drawer icon. Then again, since it's a system app, it most likely isn't designed to have an icon. But still... how do you run it? :thinking: I'm wondering if this isn't because we're not running an official pure AOSP build.

14. LilBit

If this does work it should show up in settings/system/about phone. But, do our roms have aosp build, assuming the dev has used stock aosp platform keys? THAT'S THE KEY RIGHT THEIR.

15. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

I flashed it on my warp. Nothing happened not even in
    Settings/about phone. Theirs nothing their.
    Running stock Rom w/ adw launcher ex & dtm kernel oc1.7 rooted

16. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

Sorry folks it looked good!

17. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

You're right. Now if only somebody could tweak it to work on our roms....

18. mercury0x000d

19. LilBit

20. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

Yeah it does. It's all tests that can be run through dial pad. Handy tool though. Gives good info if ever needed

21. mercury0x000d

Yep, works fine. Our phone doesn't quite support all of the tests, but the vast majority of them are working. IIRC, credits go to a dev on XDA. I've had the app so long I forget where I found it :eek:

dennis8492 likes this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews