• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Stole $300 From Me.

Fck Boost

Lurker
Aug 23, 2018
After over 2 weeks of phone calls and emails through Boost Mobile's inane customer support system, I have gotten exactly nowhere. On August 7th, I ordered a pre-owned galaxy s8 from boost mobile's own store. It was shipped and I took it to a local store to have it activated and added to my family plan. After an hour and a half of waiting, I was told that they were unable to activate the phone and that they had filed a technical support ticket. They told me to call back in 2 days, and I did. I was then told that they had somehow refurbished the phone incorrectly, and it was still connected to another account. Pain in the ass, but I was fine with sending it back and getting a new one. I talked on the phone with a representative and they gave me all of the information I needed for the RMA, including the RMA number. A couple days later, a box arrived in the mail with postage on it to 2675 Reeves Road, Plainsfield Indiana. I put my phone in the included envelope along with it's charger, just as I was instructed, and sent it off along with the RMA number. It then, of course, seemingly disappeared. No representative I have talked to since has any recollection of my Case or RMA number, and it is seemingly not connected to my account. They continually refer me to Brightstar, who then refer me back to boost. (I should mention that Brightstar customer support is far nicer than boost's) It has been 2 weeks since I sent the phone in, and I have heard nothing of it from anyone I've called. It seems an awful lot like I have been scammed out of my money, and am strongly considering taking my entire family plan to a different provider. Sorry for the long post, but I had to get this out there somehow.

Did you buy it with a credit card? This is the perfect example of when to do a charge back! Screw them. I've been having tons of problems with Boost lately myself that I won't get into in this thread. But yeah, their customer service is horrible!

I think maybe their customer service is outsourced to middle East, from their accents. Very heavy accents, Lol.. Sometimes difficult to understand

Reactions: rickwonders
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones