1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Boost Mobile] System Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kdraw44, Jul 26, 2013.

1. kdraw44

kdraw44 Android Enthusiast

Is anybody else getting an update push? What ever it is it's 42.6 MB I'm kinda scared to do anything with it. You don't suppose ZTE found it in their heart.......nawwwww....nevermind.

Advertisement

JrossiX likes this.
  2. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert

Is there any way to download it and then stop the phone from installing it? Like when it finishes downloading pull the battery to stop the installation and then look on the SD card to find the update file and analyze it?

3. Skinnyjeans21

WAIT!! MY MOMS STOCK WARP!
    Don't do a thing I'll test out the update on my moms warp and see just what it is
    EDIT: no update notification here either....

4. kdraw44

Where would it be? it says "downloaded and verified".
    I found it, I'll see if I can upload.

5. Skinnyjeans21

Cool, I'm really curious as to how you got it but nobody else has reported anything, ans neither my warp nor my moms stock warp show any update notifications.

6. kdraw44

It says in title "b1c2e4660379.N860_b08c_to_b10GOTA" Why would I get an update if HaloJelly is B10 based?

7. kdraw44

8. Skinnyjeans21

You flashed my rom from alliance and restored its data didn't you? I'm sure that has to do with it

anmire, kdraw44 and LilBit like this.
  9. kdraw44

Hmmmmm...you may be right. OK at least I know what to do,and what NOT to do, Thanks Dude.

LilBit likes this.
  10. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

That is exactly what happened;)

kdraw44 likes this.
  11. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

Yep, the only thing that tells the system to update is the fingerprint signature in build.prop. If this gets overwritten to a pre-B10G one, the system will attempt to update - even if you're already on a B10 ROM.

kdraw44 and LilBit like this.
  12. Skinnyjeans21

But kdraw flashed my rom over alliance... and my updater-script formats system and thats where the build.prop is, so how would data from another rom affect the fingerprint in build.prop if its been formatted? Doesn't make much sense...

13. kdraw44

I flashed over Halojelly 3, I then restored data from a alliance 3. 1 nandroid. Sorry for the confusion.

14. Skinnyjeans21

I can kinda see what may have happened and yet I don't.... Android is so weird I swear.

15. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Android Expert

I put included the b10 fingerprint in alliance. Not sure what happened there but I'll double check

16. bob-st

bob-st Android Enthusiast

Your mom has a stock warp?????

17. Skinnyjeans21

Yup, and it works perfectly fine for her for some reason, long battery life, no random reboots, etc... its weird! ._.
    Its a good thing its stock though, because then if there's an update from boost, I can download to her phone and see what it is first :D