• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Testers wanted

i can't install the driver this really sucks

if ur in winblows 7, u go to start - control panel - system - then click device manager in top right of ur screen... make sure the device is plugged in and in ftm mode. In device manager u will see a unknown device with an exclamation point on it where usb controllers is. Right click that device, then click update driver software, then click browse my computer for driver software, then browse button on right, and go to the folder u unzipped the USB drivers for your device and select that folder and click OK. The browse for folder dialog box will disappear magically, then click the "include subfolders" checkbox so that it's enabled, should be enabled by default. then click next. it should install the drivers for u

Upvote 0
if ur in winblows 7, u go to start - control panel - system - then click device manager in top right of ur screen... make sure the device is plugged in and in ftm mode. In device manager u will see a unknown device with an exclamation point on it where usb controllers is. Right click that device, then click update driver software, then click browse my computer for driver software, then browse button on right, and go to the folder u unzipped the USB drivers for your device and select that folder and click OK. The browse for folder dialog box will disappear magically, then click the "include subfolders" checkbox so that it's enabled, should be enabled by default. then click next. it should install the drivers for u
No you dont need to be in FTM mode. Just need to reboot to bootloader.
PHP:
adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
The rest is correct.

Upvote 0
Reactions: QuietStorm1785
Upvote 0
no it doesnt but it is staying on which is new

C:\Documents and Settings\thsxftmidgt>adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
'adb-windows.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Ok so Im pretty sure you didnt put the support files from post 1 at C:\Documents and Settings\thsxftmidgt did you? If you did I suggest putting them at like C:\adb or create a folder in the root of your c drive called anything you like. And to get there in command prompt you will have to type cd c:\adb or whatever folder you name it. then run the command.

Upvote 0
Ok so Im pretty sure you didnt put the support files from post 1 at C:\Documents and Settings\thsxftmidgt did you? If you did I suggest putting them at like C:\adb or create a folder in the root of your c drive called anything you like. And to get there in command prompt you will have to type cd c:\adb or whatever folder you name it. then run the command.

actually i did but either way i moved them closer to c:\
hoping that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones