• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [TOOL] SuperWipe ( WARP ) Update 12/26/12

I saw a thread at xda titled super wipe which basically just wipes every aspect and partition of your phone to prepare for a new rom installation and save time without having to individually wipe it your self.

Credits:
. That Guy @XDA for original SuperWipe Idea

. Google for updater-script's

----------------------------------------------------

Lets get started.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO PHONES FOR USING THIS.

This is not the original SuperWipe.zip , It is a .zip containing all zip verification files and the updater-script which performs the script to initialize,conduct,and finish the SuperWipe.

Basically you flash this zip in recovery mode ( CWM OR TWRP ) before flashing a new rom and you don't have to perform factory reset, wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache, sd-ext, kernel etc.

The only thing this really doesn't wipe is recovery partition, the SD card itself ( Because I'm nice ), and the closed source partitions that are never edited anyways like mmcblk0p1 for example.

SuperWipe-Warp wipes:

System partition ( mmcblk0p15 )
Kernel/Boot.img ( mmcblk0p12 )
Data partition ( mmcblk0p18 )
Cache partition ( mmcblk0p17 )
Dalvik Cache ^^^^ ( mmcblk0p17 )
Android.Secure ( mmcblk1p2 )
SD-EXT Partition (mmcblk1p2 )

-------------------------------------------------------

Note: Devs if you see any of my partition info off feel free to correct me.

CHANGELOG:
Updated some partitions not getting wiped

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://db.tt/T6PyL3J2

This tool is confirmed working on All versions of TWRP and CWM

Good luck and hit that thanks if I helped!

I wish I could figure out how to make a kernel wipe only version. I have this bad feeling that because I've tried and tested so many kernels I possibly have some overlap occurring because of some of the issues I've been having. If kernel overlapping is just my imagination I'd love for somebody smarter than me to set me straight but only if that somebody is absolutely positive that I'm over thinking. Lol :banghead:

Upvote 0
I wish I could figure out how to make a kernel wipe only version. I have this bad feeling that because I've tried and tested so many kernels I possibly have some overlap occurring because of some of the issues I've been having. If kernel overlapping is just my imagination I'd love for somebody smarter than me to set me straight but only if that somebody is absolutely positive that I'm over thinking. Lol :banghead:

Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uhm6ox1pqizvdk/Superwipe-Warp%20%28kernel%20only%20mod%29.zip

By the way, my Dropbox is acting stupid... let me know if that link doesn't work for you.

So far as your other question, it's not so much the kernel boot.img itself that may be "overlapping" but in the case of a kernel which adds libraries and such to other partitions (e.g. /system) it may be these additional files which get left behind that could potentially cause conflicts.

Upvote 0
Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uhm6ox1pqizvdk/Superwipe-Warp (kernel only mod).zip

By the way, my Dropbox is acting stupid... let me know if that link doesn't work for you.

So far as your other question, it's not so much the kernel boot.img itself that may be "overlapping" but in the case of a kernel which adds libraries and such to other partitions (e.g. /system) it may be these additional files which get left behind that could potentially cause conflicts.

So doing a complete data, cache, & Dalvik wipe and then installing a ROM which wipes the system, libs can still get left behind eh? I've done everything and still have odd ball things like auto lockup with shutdown showing a solid red LED light where nothing clears it but a battery pull. It happens everyday. I plug my phone in every night before bed and wake up with black screen, red solid LED, battery pull. Today just talking on the phone it happened. Sometimes just plugging it in causes it. Running n00b_VII with Glitch kernel. Same on my girlfriends phone. I'm surprised nobody else is having the problem since I have two phones doing it. Weird

Upvote 0
So doing a complete data, cache, & Dalvik wipe and then installing a ROM which wipes the system, libs can still get left behind eh? I've done everything and still have odd ball things like auto lockup with shutdown showing a solid red LED light where nothing clears it but a battery pull. It happens everyday. I plug my phone in every night before bed and wake up with black screen, red solid LED, battery pull. Today just talking on the phone it happened. Sometimes just plugging it in causes it. Running n00b_VII with Glitch kernel. Same on my girlfriends phone. I'm surprised nobody else is having the problem since I have two phones doing it. Weird

Oh, I stand corrected! If you're installing a new ROM also, it's most likely formatting /system (I haven't seen one yet that doesn't) so that should take care of the potential library issue. Not sure why it would be doing that, then... :eek: My roommate's experience with n00b has been nothing but solid.

Reactions: Smoothkaos
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones