1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] ubuntu 12.04 for warp?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by obitron21, Dec 1, 2012.

1. obitron21

obitron21 Guest

Hello guys I just spent most of my night downloading and unzipping Ubuntu12 from the complete Linux installer app and I have done everything it want me to but when I try to launch it says it cannot find the image which I can easily find and when the terminal launches it says
    $cd /sdcard/Ubuntu
    $ can't CD sdcard
    so I tried
    #cd /sdcard/Ubuntu
    Still I get can't CD sdcard I have noob rom 6 does it not support loop devices ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drewhill77

drewhill77 Android Enthusiast

Yeah...no loop mount on dtms kernel. He's been looking more toward dual booting I believe. Nor sure about dms kernel though...

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hehe, so you've been to my github ;)

4. drewhill77

Lol yeah...but I mostly remembered that from a discussion on another thread.

5. obitron21

obitron21 Guest

Sorry for the delay been busy but I have an update I finally got the image installed by updating the the boot scripts and are installing busy box everything boots on the terminal end it opens the Linux environment but when I go to the vnc I do everything like it says but it won't connect to the vn only after I deleted the .img file did I possibly find a solution it says to set the address to local host and the port to 5900 but I watched a utube vid from open source gangster and he showed that sometimes the port has to be left empty or the address but I don't know being I can use Luks manager on dtms kernel which requires loop discs so what am I doing

6. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Android Expert

None of the kernels out have loop yet so this is not yet possible... the only way you could pull it off is to have it on a remote computer...until dual boot or loop is available in a kernel....

7. obitron21

obitron21 Guest

Sorry to sound a bit perturbed but i do not have a remote computer I just may have to make a video or screenshot of this because I am not at all anywhere near a pro with this but it happened sir don't ask me how or why but I can pull it off

8. obitron21

obitron21 Guest

See here it is a volume I just created in Luks manager a app that requires loop discs and look at the pic you see it say loop/Dev like I said don't ask me why or how but I can do loop discs

Attached Files:

9. justin4236

justin4236 Well-Known Member

Couldn't you boot ubuntu off a virtual machine on you phone?

10. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Android Expert

That's what vnc is but you need that loop or else it won't work....

11. justin4236

justin4236 Well-Known Member

Ohh, I get it

12. mikegmoney

mikegmoney Android Enthusiast

can sumone please help me out with getting ubuntu on my warp? got ubuntu installer and the IMG and Boot files and still cant get it working.. HELP!! 7

13. drewhill77

Sorry but right now its not gonna happen.

14. Manodedios

Manodedios Android Enthusiast

No tooky tooky
    for you

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

15. mikegmoney

mikegmoney Android Enthusiast

16. Manodedios

You cannot dual boot the warp

17. Manodedios

The above was the answer in The OTHER Ubuntu post

18. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Threads are now merged.;)

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews