1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] UOT Kitchen help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skinnyjeans21, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert

So I downloaded noob VII rom a few weeks back and flashed and then installed the Noobs Warped Sandwich theme. I dont really like the battery though, I liked the battery icon from the original Noob VII rom. So I tried theming framework-res.apk using ninjamorph with some icons of my own and everything worked until I hit 20%. It went back to the Warped Sandwich battery icon. So I get on UOT kitchen, do what I gotta do, and get an SHTF error. Any suggestions or help on theming it how I wanted? Also it goes back to the original ics battery icon while its charging. I think its hard to see since anything that doesnt look like a full battery just looks like a blue rectangle in the status bar.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sakib

Sakib Well-Known Member

Which phone are you using?

3. Skinnyjeans21

ZTE warp on noob VII Rom

4. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

Make sure to get the image files in the systemui.apk. Image files there can sometimes override the ones in the framework-res.apk.

I'm not sure what you mean by SHTF, so I can't help you with that.

Depending on the version of Warped Sandwich that you are using, I may not have zip aligned the framework-res.apk, which would cause an error when you flash the UOT kitchen zip file. It will result in a boot loop.

I recommend watching a video tutorial on how to use UOT Kitchen. It could help resolve any issues that are UOT related.

5. Skinnyjeans21

I'm on Warped Sandwich 4.0N Alpha 7. I followed the instructions exactly as they are on UOT Kitchen and then I did some theming of my own with my computer. I noticed theres two of every .png image and one is named something like ._btn_blahblahblah.png and the computer wont open it or anything. Could this have anything to do with it?

6. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

No. Those are safe to delete.

Did you get both the images in framework-res and systemui? And could you clarify what a SHTF error is? I'm trying to get a better idea of what's going on.

7. Skinnyjeans21

I have no idea what an SHTF error is. All I know is no bueno :I

8. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

I'm really sorry to hear that. :\

9. Skinnyjeans21

Bleh I'll just experiment and work around it somehow :I

10. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

Is that the only thing that you don't like about the theme?

11. Skinnyjeans21

Some of the icons are dark and its kinda difficult to see against a black status bar. Everything else is pretty great. In GB though the icons (like the vibrate icon) are light grey and easier to see. Besides that the theme gave me most of the look I wanted on my warp.

12. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

I photoshopped those icons to be the same color as the gray in the wifi and cellular signal icons. I did it so that the color scheme would be consistent throughout the rom (I think it was during that night when I released like 5 updates, one after another). Good luck working around it! :)

p.s. Don't try to theme the minimize/maximize expander icons. I've tried it. It didn't work. They won't change for some reason.

13. Skinnyjeans21

Thanks for the tip! And I'm actually fine with the expander icons. I've heard about not being able to change them.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews