• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost Mobile Version w/ICS

Any HTC related apps are better to just disable (a new feature of ICS) in Settings>Apps>All>Then click on the app you don't want and disable. Note a few apps you won't be able to do this and I do recommend getting rid of the bloat like telenav and boost stuff. Not like we have anywhere near a lack of memory on this device.

Definitely and not to be contrary Zombu2 just being friendly, but recommend leaving things like the calendar "essential" in any and all roms or package them up because almost everyone needs the calendar. Again just a thought but something to consider.

Upvote 0
Any HTC related apps are better to just disable (a new feature of ICS) in Settings>Apps>All>Then click on the app you don't want and disable. Note a few apps you won't be able to do this and I do recommend getting rid of the bloat like telenav and boost stuff. Not like we have anywhere near a lack of memory on this device.

Definitely and not to be contrary Zombu2 just being friendly, but recommend leaving things like the calendar "essential" in any and all roms or package them up because almost everyone needs the calendar. Again just a thought but something to consider.

You are correct
Some ppl use the calender quiet often
And it is not quiet bloatware but he was asking what's safe to remove

And yes disabling is nice and i would also recommend using it like you suggested but some ppl just like it gone

Im glad we finally made it to a common dominator josh

Upvote 0
You are correct
Some ppl use the calender quiet often
And it is not quiet bloatware but he was asking what's safe to remove

And yes disabling is nice and i would also recommend using it like you suggested but some ppl just like it gone

Im glad we finally made it to a common dominator josh

Me too and it would've been that way from the start if I didn't foolishly post in anger.

Let's dev the heck out of this thing over at the other spot today they posted how to build cm9/evervolv from source, we'll still need a custom kernel due to Ril issues but its a start

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
Me too and it would've been that way from the start if I didn't foolishly post in anger.

Let's dev the heck out of this thing over at the other spot today they posted how to build cm9/evervolv from source, we'll still need a custom kernel due to Ril issues but its a start

neat

yeah i wrote htc a mail that we want the kernel source for ics since they only have the gingerbread

lets see what happens

Reactions: joshua.worth
Upvote 0
Sold my marquee and decided to go get this phone. It's great out of the box. Did ota before unlocking bootloader. Flashing cwm and root process was simple. Maybe its just my phone but can't seem to boot straight into cwm as it keeps rebooting after few seconds of navigating within cwm. Have to go hboot first then go recovery from there. Other than that great phone and enjoying it.

Upvote 0
What did you use to reboot into CWM? I never had that issue. Root Manager doesn't seem to work for rebooting this phone so I switched to using "Quick Reboot" I never had problems with it or any of the modes I rebooted into using it. I also used "Android Commander" to reboot the phone into the mode I want when plugged via USB. (that method of rebooting doesn't seem to require root by the way).

Reactions: munguse
Upvote 0
Sold my marquee and decided to go get this phone. It's great out of the box. Did ota before unlocking bootloader. Flashing cwm and root process was simple. Maybe its just my phone but can't seem to boot straight into cwm as it keeps rebooting after few seconds of navigating within cwm. Have to go hboot first then go recovery from there. Other than that great phone and enjoying it.

Same here. If booting from a battery pull, I have to go through hboot before getting into recovery. If I use Quick boot though that gets me right into recovery without having to mess with hboot.

Upvote 0
[Mod Ics] Advanced Power Menu+Backlight Tweaks Flash that if you want to be able to reboot to recovery or which ever. How ever you need to be on a deodex rom to use the advanced power menu. In which I am not sure if a rom here exists how ever you can flash this New Boost ICS leak 1.10.653.2 Updated - SDX-Developers Forum or if someone wants to do testing they can flash the beta build of my rom Kingdom_xFuZiiOnZz-4.1.1 - Downloads - 2FastRoms.

If you decide to flash the mod, wipe cache and dalvik. If you decide to flash either rom do a factory reset and format system. Then install the rom. Also be warned if you flash my rom it is in beta form and not fully built to install all boost needed specifics. Where your market name and market id will change. Market will show hero s and a number of other spots. Mms will also not work so you will have to refer to the thread on sdx to get it going. The market switch really won't hurt anything.

Also to note the mods and roms were built on 1.10.653.2 based firmware. Where it should have been your shipped guys firmware, not the latest ota. Also to note is on the operation of cwm that is the only way you can get into the recovery unless adb commands or similar.

As for demanding htc for source code, you are going to be waiting a bit. Even if several thousands request it, they aren't in one bit of hurry. Then if you email them the response you will get back is it will be posted in 30-90days. I've said it before and when you e-mail them they just have a generic e-mail ready. So the more they get really won't matter, though calling them would be a better alternative.

Upvote 0
[Mod Ics] Advanced Power Menu+Backlight Tweaks Flash that if you want to be able to reboot to recovery or which ever. How ever you need to be on a deodex rom to use the advanced power menu. In which I am not sure if a rom here exists how ever you can flash this New Boost ICS leak 1.10.653.2 Updated - SDX-Developers Forum or if someone wants to do testing they can flash the beta build of my rom Kingdom_xFuZiiOnZz-4.1.1 - Downloads - 2FastRoms.

If you decide to flash the mod, wipe cache and dalvik. If you decide to flash either rom do a factory reset and format system. Then install the rom. Also be warned if you flash my rom it is in beta form and not fully built to install all boost needed specifics. Where your market name and market id will change. Market will show hero s and a number of other spots. Mms will also not work so you will have to refer to the thread on sdx to get it going. The market switch really won't hurt anything.

Also to note the mods and roms were built on 1.10.653.2 based firmware. Where it should have been your shipped guys firmware, not the latest ota. Also to note is on the operation of cwm that is the only way you can get into the recovery unless adb commands or similar.

As for demanding htc for source code, you are going to be waiting a bit. Even if several thousands request it, they aren't in one bit of hurry. Then if you email them the response you will get back is it will be posted in 30-90days. I've said it before and when you e-mail them they just have a generic e-mail ready. So the more they get really won't matter, though calling them would be a better alternative.

Thanks! I flashed the leaked ics you linked to via cwm, then flashed your mod and it seems to work great! Only issue is that my phone is listing the version as 1.05, and not listing any ota updates. maybe i'll try to manually flash it. Anyway, thanks! Love the expanded power menu,

Upvote 0
I tried the cwm, and for some reason it would not work, then my wifi and 4g would not turn on and said failed when I tried to enable.

I tried the stock, stuck on the same. I am unlocked, but not yet rooted.... PLEASE HELP !!!

Edit: I also tried again to do the stock rom, and did a factory reset. Wifi does not turn on and says error, 4g will not turn on. This was all fine before I started, I really hope I did not screw this phone up.....

Upvote 0
I am close to making a hboot flashable system.img file. At some point I'm going to make a full stock version with preinstalled root and CWM can then be skipped altogether when it comes to rooting this phone. ;)

I found that I can mount the stock system.img (taken from the rom.zip file from the RUU rom leak) in Ubuntu, then use the terminal to delete it's contents (since root access is needed to modify it and Ubuntu won't normally allow the GUI to have full root access) then use the tar command in the terminal to extract the system.ext4.tar file from one of my CWM backups into the mounted folder that acts as a portal into the system.img file. The tar extractor seems to preserve symbolic linkes and permissions so I think I finally got it working. But need to flash it to be sure. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones