• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] voltron oc rom on boost mobile zte warp

justin4236

Oct 24, 2012
one more things you guys should look out for is wifi connection issues... You may not have them because you are using the kernel and rom but when you use the kernel tweaked for public with the rom from boost, you winde up with issues of the sort...

Oh and thanks for testing guys... this is a great help to have.. :)

I was not able to connect to wifi at all the first time i flashed, but i wiped cache and dalvik, and did factory reset then flashed again. It worked fine after that.

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
I was not able to connect to wifi at all the first time i flashed, but i wiped cache and dalvik, and did factory reset then flashed again. It worked fine after that.

This ROM is very light at the core. If you do a factory reset, you winde up loosing a lot of the included apps... you should reinstall the rom now that you reset it to regain the apps you lost in the process. Reinstalling the rom will not wipe data so you won't have wifi issues the second time around... I'm gonna release a "factory reset" flashable zip for those times when a factory data reset is necessary along side of the next beta which also will have the 1.8 ghz kernel instead of the 1.7...

Upvote 0
Well the b07 has the full tether menu it's just locked... if you wanna do your own thing and unlock it go to the system/etc/custom_config/app/secure-conf.xml in the zip before installing it and edit the 0 value next to tether support to a 1 and then install the Rom...Just be sure to do a factory reset before... if you wanna help me out, the only thing that doesn't work on boost is the mms messages and I've been trying make it work on boost... might work might not but it won't brick your phone:p

http://db.tt/Yo6qjw0S

Also I updated to beta 4 last night with a new kernel and new kernel choices...if you wanna check the Rom thread :)

Upvote 0
Well the b07 has the full tether menu it's just locked... if you wanna do your own thing and unlock it go to the system/etc/custom_config/app/secure-conf.xml in the zip before installing it and edit the 0 value next to tether support to a 1 and then install the Rom...Just be sure to do a factory reset before... if you wanna help me out, the only thing that doesn't work on boost is the mms messages and I've been trying make it work on boost... might work might not but it won't brick your phone:p

http://db.tt/Yo6qjw0S

Also I updated to beta 4 last night with a new kernel and new kernel choices...if you wanna check the Rom thread :)

Has anybody tried to add this into any already existing boost only roms?

Upvote 0
Has anybody tried to add this into any already existing boost only roms?

you mean the unlock of the tether menu? yes its been done by almost all the devs however the wifi hotspot option does not work and it diplays an error... this is something that was fixed between the b08c from boost and the b07 for public...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones