1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] warp is rooted but su binary won't update and WiFi hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by briisback, Apr 19, 2012.

1. briisback

briisback Newbie

Hi everyone, I ran into another problem. OK I have root accessnow,yayyyyyyy! I wanted right away to see if I could put internet on another device(my old Galaxy prevail) Now wireless hotspot turns on and says I can share internet but my galaxy is not finding it. Now I had my neighbor come by and turn her hotspot on her phone and my galaxy connected to her phone. Why isn'tmy warp not being recognized? Superuser says I have access.

I'm also getting "su binary update" message using super user, I get failed every time soI read a forum bout installing the busy box installer from the market n which I did. its suppose to fix the update problem but I don't think it did cause I have no idea if this binary update is a part of why it won't let any devices find my warps WiFi connection. Oh her hotspot works with my prevail. I get Wi-Fi on my prevail from her us cellular Android, why cant I get it from my warp?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. briisback

briisback Newbie

OK so I upgraded from the prevail to the warp. My warp is rooted and superuser is fully updated. Now I installed Wi-Fi tether for root. My warp says WiFi tether is running. Now my prevails Wi-Fi does not recognize my warp. ???? How do I make my internet Wi-Fi from my warp to work on the prevail?
    Another thing, my neighbor has a LG Android from uscellular.(andher phone is way weaker than my warp. She don't even have flash support) She came over and hotspotted her phones internet to my old prevail and it worked. What's missing in my boost mobile warp so other Android phones can see my connection? Anyone have the same issue? Frustrated and need a answer

3. briisback

briisback Newbie

OK binary update was successful.....YESSSSSSSS! !! just need to figure out how I can use my Wi-Fi from my warp to my old prevail. Prevails wireless connections does not read my warp. .help? ?

4. briisback

briisback Newbie

OK so I read a post in here. Told me to uninstall the superuser update then update it again. Did that then right away updated binary and it worked! Superuser is fully updated now running fine. Try this if u get failed messages on updating the su binary.. hope this helps!
    Still trying to find a answer on why my old prevail won't recognize my warps wireless connection when I use wireless tether. I think laptops can find my signal but not another phone. Why?

5. aenoch

aenoch Android Enthusiast

android cant connect to adhock with out a patch and the patch isent stable sometimes it breaks wifi

the wifi tethers send out a adhock signal one of the only things i knnow hat can actualy brodcast a true wifi signal other then a router is windows 7 that has a wifi card because of the wan miniport so to get the prevail to use the warp youd have to usb tether to a windows 7 computer then send out the signal to the prevail

6. aenoch

aenoch Android Enthusiast

i answered your question the last time u asked this why would you want to put the warps internet on the prevail its not going to be any faster then the source

7. briisback

briisback Newbie

For my lil brother. He wants to use internet on it. I'm gonna try to root the prevail then I can install and use Ad Hoc enabler. see what happens. You know of a better way?

8. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Treads merged.

9. Smoothkaos

Smoothkaos Android Expert

I'm having this issue (su update fail) and have Busybox installed but still getting the su update failure. What did you do to get it to update?

10. Smoothkaos

OK, this might sound stupid but you said to uninstall the su update then update again......what steps did you take to do so in uninstalling without uninstalling the actual app?

11. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Superuser can't be uninstalled without unrooting your phone... uninstall does not remove it

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

12. Smoothkaos

Thats why it doesn't make sense to me. How does one uninstall the su update by itself?

13. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Just uninstall su like its a regular app and the update uninstalls but the actual app will remain

14. Smoothkaos

Well, I uninstalled updates instead of the app from the system settings and the good news is that su binary updated! The bad, very bad news, is that now nothing has root access. Nothing. I uninstalled busybox and reinstalled thinking it would prompt me again to gain access but nope, didn't happen. SU information is v3.0.6 (40) su binary v3.0.3.2 and getting a fail! when "gaining root access". :mad: Any suggestions without me having to re-root? This is ridiculous (not you), this setup.

15. Smoothkaos

and still nothing can gain access, not even TB, but TB is the only app that shows access gained in the su allowed besides of course su. Just uninstalling updates on su can cause ALL of my root apps to no longer gain access? It won't even prompt me even though I have selected it to do so. I made it allow as well without prompt and no again.

16. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Mine fails at mounting system as root but I still have root access... I honestly don't know what is wrong with yours

17. Smoothkaos

Oddly enough I just cleared the data from su thinking that maybe the apps will re-prompt for su access and voila. Fixed. Freaking weird. The apps should ask to re-acquire su access in instances like this. Oh well, good to go lesson learned. BTW, good idea on uninstalling the su updates because I got the su binary to update, just had to end up going around my foot to get to my head if you get what I'm saying. Thanks! :D

18. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

No problem

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews