1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] warp sd card update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jessesigmon, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jessesigmon

jessesigmon Newbie

Settings-about phone-system updates- zte warp software update on sdcsrd? Whats this for? Tells me to insert update package to image directory on sd cardand press okay. Any thoughtz or comments? Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

I was curious, so I pushed the "Update ZTE Software from sd card" the only thing that it did was rebooted my phone and some options came up after the reboot telling me to either just reboot or use the file on the sd card which I did not have. so I think that this is for you to update you phone from your sd card if you have downloaded the updated to your card. I think that if you have found some updates from the ZTE place and you have downloaded a few files this may give you the choice to pick which update you want if you have any downloaded updates to begin with. I hope this helps in some way. I am not an expert on these kind of matters. I just like to try and help people understand what I can. Good luck

3. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Android Enthusiast

The other day as I was updating to b08 I copied the zip file from the update after it downloaded. I would bet if I renamed it to update.zip I could put it on my sd card and update my phone with it. But I didnt try it.

4. Marknderm

That very well may be the case, I am going to updat that very same file myself here in a bit as soon as I get done backing up all my apps, then I will give it a go, I'll let ya know if it saves it to the card or not and if it does if I can update it from the card.

5. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Android Enthusiast

No it saved it to my computer somewhere in {C:\Program Files\Handset software update tool\Handset software update tool} and I grabbed it before it was done updating and saved it. Its called N860V1.0.0B16.zip
    Here is whats in it.
    [​IMG]
    Looks just like an update.zip contents. When the update was finished it deleted the zip but I copied it before it did.

6. Marknderm

I tried it, I downloaded your file renamed it put it on the SD card and went into the ZTE updater, it failed, it said the " signature verification failed" Don't know what to do now. that is terrible.

7. Marknderm

Thanks for the info "Woodstock77", and well, I'm sure you have read the other posts that we have been bouncing back and forth in... LOL Not a big deal, I like this stuff. But anyways for the other peeps, The files did not work for me I do not know why, maybe I did something wrong or maybe it was just my phone being picky, but It is now updated and reset to factory and i am just loading my apps back in, I just got done rooting it again, everything is fine so far.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews