1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] Warp wants to activate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bart2712, Feb 1, 2014.

1. bart2712

bart2712 Newbie
    None

May 11, 2013
    Male
    my warp is rooted, was using the 4.1 rom (not rootbox or cyanogen, the other one). Turned on wifi today, then when i turned it off, suddenly i lost 3g signal. Thought it was something wrong so i flashed a couple different known working prl's and still nothing. Everytime i reboot the phone it looks to activate it but wont become active due to no data through 3g. Anyone have any tips on how to get the 3g working again?

Advertisement

2. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    High School Senior and Professional Sleeper
    Houston, TX
    AOKP is the name of the rom ;)

You can try flashing back the original PRL, flash a stock based Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM, and then check for data through there. Some users are having issues with 3G on that rom, but its a rare issue.

3. bart2712

bart2712 Newbie
    None

May 11, 2013
    Male
    i didnt have issues with 3g before, only once i turned on wifi and turned it off today...even using wifi before didnt give me issues...now even using stock rom and boost prl it wont activate, and under phone info it doesnt show my phone number...it just keeps trying to go through hands free activation but fails since it has no network connection

ok, so i pulled the battery and went through hands free activation again, which worked...just now its acting like it has no data connection, even though the phone is showing that it does

UPDATE: took a couple reboots but its working ok again...mod plz close this topic

4. BOOBOOSYKES

BOOBOOSYKES Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2013
    Male
    Canton Ohio
    Try RTS ROM and let boost do all its updates. Then flash that swag again after your phone calms down

5. bart2712

bart2712 Newbie
    None

May 11, 2013
    Male
    yea thats what i did...it finally worked after a battery pull and a couple restarts

6. Skinnyjeans21

None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Houston, TX
    If you want a topic closed, you have to report it. However, they probably wont do it because another user may have the same issue as you and may need help. So they're likely to post in a thread like this one searching for answers. If not then they'd start a new thread, and that could clog up the forums :eek: its best to keep support threads like this one open for others to pitch in with an easier method or someone to post a similar problem. Organization is key with these kinds of things :)

Now about your phone... rebooting a couple of times will solve most issues this phone has. It's weird and its the same with every rom on here >.>

Dslack420 likes this.
  7. Skinnyjeans21

None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Houston, TX
    RTS Rom? :thinking:

8. BOOBOOSYKES

None

Apr 4, 2013
    Male
    Canton Ohio
    Return To Stock. I found that if I let my phone act like the original boost zte, and I let it update over the next few hours.(I mean really update everything. Prl all my Google sync info play store. Pretty much every update I could possibly find) once my phone acted as smooth as it did the day I got it, then I flashed the the jelly bean custom ROM again. Had no real problems after that.

9. BOOBOOSYKES

None

Apr 4, 2013
    Male
    Canton Ohio
    The RTS ROM I used was also a custom ROM, and maybe I could have gotten the same results with a few reboots... idk