1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] weird sms issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nosaj94, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

recently i've been having this weird issue i would text people and they would text me back but i would never actually receive it they say they texted me but i don't get the text. then awhile later my phone gets spammed with texts is this a common issue? or is there something wrong with my phone any help will be greatly appreciated thanks :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. themaninblk

themaninblk Well-Known Member

Common issue. Happens to me every once in a while. Happens on any rom i use. Stock or not. I believe this is a boost issue.

nosaj94 likes this.
  3. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

okay thanks i just came back to boost a couple months ago when i had em last year i had the transform ultra and i dont remember this issue but thanks now i know :p

4. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

It's a common problem. What I found to fix it on my wife's phone.. (doesn't want to root) Was to switch launchers. I don't know why but that solved a lot of her problems. It still happens every now and again, but it's not as frequent as before. But If you know someone is texting you and you haven't received it.. Just reboot your phone.. They should start flooding in. :)

5. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

okay will do thanks for the help

6. Bone334

Bone334 Member

is a common problem. Look at your Mobile Network settings and make sure CDMA/EVDO is checked. If of is set to only EVDO then it will cause what you have described

7. Alsaces Daddy

Are you rooted?

8. jremy23

jremy23 Newbie

Has anyone whose changed their PRL had this issue as well? I want to know before I do that.

Rebooting the phone all day will drain your battery. I shouldn't have to do that.

I'm rooted but the same thing has happened on stock and even on previous dumb phones I've had with boost.

9. Alsaces Daddy

Changing your prl wouldnt be an issue other than service. MAYBE

10. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

im rooted using n00b's rom and i have cdma/evdo checked

11. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

I was having a lot of issues some just like you described. Believe it or not I could trace my problems back to a 'rouge' app. I realize not a lot of people check if they have a bad app. I don't know the best way to see if i have a rouge . I just uninstall and play around with stuff and always have a nandroid :)

nosaj94 likes this.
  12. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

okay ill try that to thanks

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews