1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Wicked-X 7.3 - External SD card storage ?'s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidagnostic, Aug 1, 2014.

1. droidagnostic

droidagnostic Newbie

Just came over to Kitkat with jdsingle76's deodexed kitkat. Working great and got it fixed the way i want it on my dd, but...

Then (rude awakening) i started digging into the change in how kitkat handles writing to the external SD (or doesn't). So now that i have a bit of a grasp on that, and not liking the part about it caused my internal to be filled up in about 2 days.

So then i saw others talking up Wicked-X and i see that it says something in the Features about "External and Internal SD fixes-Thanks Chad The Pathfinder and CNexus"

So i thought I'd see what that was about, so i read through the 400+ pages of posts and still don't really have an answer.:thinking:

Does Wicked-X allow you to use the external SD (apps to write to it) like before kitkat or not?

If not, does it allow one of the external/internal swap apps to work with it?

Maybe I just don't understand this well enough yet?

Advertisement

2. Kreatur3

Kreatur3 Android Enthusiast

If you just can't write to external there is a zip floating around that can fix it or you can grab an app from the playstore that returns your ability to write to the external SD card.

droidagnostic likes this.
  3. droidagnostic

droidagnostic Newbie

So I think I kinda answered my own questions. Looks like i really had 2 different things i was trying to solve.

Was not able to find an app that did the card fix with the deodexed stock kitkat (not saying there ain't one, just didn't find one).

So went ahead and tried Wicked-X 7.3 (NICE!!) and it has the ext card support already, so TiBU and a couple others apps i use find & write to the card fine.

The part i haven't worked yet out is the Amazon Music Player app. Apparently it only writes to internal and has no option to change that. I don't really like it, I only use it to access the free music from Prime