• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Wireless Tether for Xbox 360?

So has anyone been successful with this as to playing online say like CoD?
I have tried two tether apps. Wireless Tether For Root Users and Barnacle WiFi Tether. Both were a no go. The Wireless Tether For Root Users connects to my Xbox but when I test connection it just fails and when I use Barnacle it doesn't connect at all. I have searched for hours with no luck so any help is appreciated. I just need to know if this is possible without a computer and if I need to change some settings within the app or something.

It is possible, I use it on mine every once in while when I go over to a friend's house that doesn't have internet.

There is a setting in Wireless Tether for Root Users called "Access Control". It's most likely checked by default in the settings. When your Xbox connects to your phone a notification will pop up, click on it and give your Xbox access to the app, should be up and running then. Let me know if that helps

Upvote 0
No it didn't. The notification did pop up and then I checked the box to give it access but the Xbox 360 still won't connect to the internet. It connects to the network just fine but not the internet.

Anything else?

I'm sorry bro, that was my only suggestion; and a different tethering app isn't going to help him, it's just something that we're missing. I'm going to mess around with mine and see if I can help you out, I know it will work.

EDIT: I don't know man. I went through all the settings and whatnot and I can't think of anything that would be stopping your Xbox from connecting, I was sure that access option would do it, i had same troubled at first. I just played a game of MW2 on mine and went 28-6-1, 2 bar lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones