• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

Odin will bring you back... expecially the Kies one, it flashes all the partitions... that is as long as they have not disabled download mode.

As I said, the several Devs said you'll be stuck on 4.3. Usually when I get a warning from Rompnit, I damn sure listen to it. If he says it'll leave you stuck, it'll leave you stuck. Either that or it will be one heck of a pain in the arse to get back on the older bootloader. ;)

For those of you who don't know who Rompnit is, he's one of the main Devs for team nOObz = MOAR. He is one of the main developers for the S3 over @ XDA too.

Upvote 0
link appears broken

Try this one-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47747266

Good news to people. They've got a Rooted 4.3 stock ROM that's ready to flash. The major drawback is that some of our favorite ROMs aren't compatible yet.

I don't know about you guys but I'll move when I can run my favorite ROMs. From what other are saying who already have the update, it's really nothing to write home about.

There's a lot going on with the update right now so be patient. We'll have a safe version to flash with our favorite custom ROMs before long. ;):D

Upvote 0
patience is key! i went and bought the galaxy gear as soon as best buy had it not realizing i had to wait till there was a phone update to use it BUNCH OF BULLS**T they shouldn't have released it until the phones could use it what does samsung think everyone has the money to drop on a galaxy gear and a note 3 lol :D :smokingsomb:

still a fun lil device with the rom they released for it not to long ago funny that im now rooting and roming a watch

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Try this one-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=47747266

Good news to people. They've got a Rooted 4.3 stock ROM that's ready to flash. The major drawback is that some of our favorite ROMs aren't compatible yet.

I don't know about you guys but I'll move when I can run my favorite ROMs. From what other are saying who already have the update, it's really nothing to write home about.

There's a lot going on with the update right now so be patient. We'll have a safe version to flash with our favorite custom ROMs before long. ;):D

I'm still on the md7 modem and if I do say so myself my signal is pretty Decent I even get 4g in my house sometimes it won't stay connected for long but it still hits it sometimes which is good and my prl is 33030
So idk about switching basebands and doesn't that also mean I'll probably have to edit the script if I wanted to flash a different rom because that baseband wouldn't be listed

Upvote 0
I'm still on the md7 modem and if I do say so myself my signal is pretty Decent I even get 4g in my house sometimes it won't stay connected for long but it still hits it sometimes which is good and my prl is 33030
So idk about switching basebands and doesn't that also mean I'll probably have to edit the script if I wanted to flash a different rom because that baseband wouldn't be listed

I'm running LJ7 with 31104 prl. That's the best combination I've found. I'm sure I'll eventually try the new modem but not right yet. I'm very happy with what I'm running. I just wanted to let you guys know that the new modem is available in case anyone wants to try it.

As for the script, unless they've already added the MK3 modem, then yes you'll have to add it to the updater-script. Not sure about the TW ROMs but most definitely if you're running AOSP. Hopefully they've got it added already.

Upvote 0
Which way did you change your prl

I used the PRL write option in the hidden menu on Touchwiz ROMs. All of the Touchwiz ROMs should have that option except Wicked Sensations. For some reason it doesn't have it. You can still use the AOSP method with it if that's the ROM you're running. I used the AOSP method with Wicked Sensations and it worked like a charm. To be truthful, it's much easier to change it running MOAR.

All the info is in the beginning of this thread. Here's the exact section for you. Just click the link and follow the instructions. If you have any questions just let me know. ;)

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...-kernels-modems-ect-boost-s3.html#post6155026

Look for the part that says "TUTORIAL FOR CHANGING YOUR PRL"

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can clear up for me. First off, I am on Boost mobile with rooted and running a custom 4.1 rom. I have tried flashing two different 4.3 custom roms and everything works good except my data. There are times when I don't have data (right after flashing) and then at times I do have data but when I turn my wifi on and then when I go out of range of my network, somehow it messes with my data and I have no data. This is why I am currently on a 4.1 rom.
My questions are, since this update (4.3) by boost, sprint is out, I know were not suppose to take it being rooted and running a custom rom but do the developers of these already created custom roms have to incorporate this update into their roms or do they need to start from scratch to build another rom with this update in it?? I would like to use a 4.3 rom as my daily but the custom roms I have tried I am having issues with. I have seen some posts where there is a stock version of this update out. Does this stock version have all the knox files gone? I really like a couple of the custom roms but I have tried multiple times to use them with the same mentioned issues. If this update is incorpoated into these roms, I certainly would be willing to try using them again, maybe the update would solve the data issues I'm having on 4.3 roms. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can clear up for me. First off, I am on Boost mobile with rooted and running a custom 4.1 rom. I have tried flashing two different 4.3 custom roms and everything works good except my data. There are times when I don't have data (right after flashing) and then at times I do have data but when I turn my wifi on and then when I go out of range of my network, somehow it messes with my data and I have no data. This is why I am currently on a 4.1 rom.
My questions are, since this update (4.3) by boost, sprint is out, I know were not suppose to take it being rooted and running a custom rom but do the developers of these already created custom roms have to incorporate this update into their roms or do they need to start from scratch to build another rom with this update in it?? I would like to use a 4.3 rom as my daily but the custom roms I have tried I am having issues with. I have seen some posts where there is a stock version of this update out. Does this stock version have all the knox files gone? I really like a couple of the custom roms but I have tried multiple times to use them with the same mentioned issues. If this update is incorpoated into these roms, I certainly would be willing to try using them again, maybe the update would solve the data issues I'm having on 4.3 roms. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

look at the op there should be a zip file call piggyback and it should fix your 4g

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
look at the op there should be a zip file call piggyback and it should fix your 4g

Did the piggyback.zip give you 4g? To my knowledge it has not help anyone with boost mobile, but this file keeps getting mentioned.

When looking at the file it appears to be the same thing as apn backup/restore. I believe they are doing the same thing just 2 different ways of doing it.

Upvote 0

When flashing a 4.3 rom for the first time, I had 3G and 4G data. If I did not setup and use wifi, I would have it for several days. Then when I turn wifi on and move out of network range or turn wifi off, data does not come back, 3G or 4G. Somehow I believe wifi is breaking the data connection. Also, when I reboot, it also starts saying android.process has stopped unexpectly. This has happened on every 4.3 rom I have tried. Like I said earlier, I changed the apn in one of my earlier tests and still had the same issues.As long as I didn't change the apn, I could flash back to my previous backup of my 4.1 rom and I have no data issues whatsoever. Wifi turns off and data comes back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones