• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

You're welcome. Glad it's working for you. Make sure you test it and are getting your voicemail. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't get voicemail notifications until I updated the Samsung push app. I wasn't getting any and then I updated the Samsung push app rebooted and 3 voicemails popped up. LOL.

Just want to make sure you're getting them.
Thanks for the tip. Had a bud call me up and try it out... all good here. :)

Upvote 0
Yup. I learned a long time ago that it always helps to read from the last post I read in the thread to the newest when I've missed a few days. That way I get caught up and don't miss anything. That's the reason I knew it was in here somewhere. LOL. I was busy testing Slim Bean last night or I would have helped him find it. It's not that far back because I remember it being posted not long ago.

People are starting to get pissed when people ask about it too because the question and link have been posted so many times. You know how it can get over there though. We here at Android Forums are a little more forgiving than the guys at XDA. lol. :D:D

As for this Slim Bean ROM, this baby is nice! I'm glad I took Capn069 's advice and try it. :D

That's actually a legit point about XDA versus Android Forums. I have learned so much from the XDA forums for this phone and for previous phones, but some of the attitudes over there make me want to post replies that would get me banned for foul language being used to put arrogant posters in their place! I have no problem answering the same question twenty different times in twenty different threads, all with appropriate links when possible, and I get the same impression from a lot of the active members on both the VM and the Boost side. If knowledge can be shared just share it don't reply with an unhelpful comment. How many users legitimately want to learn and be helped because they are new to rooting only to be deterred by some @$$ who puts them down for being a noob? We were all noobs at one point! Thanks especially to my new friends on the Boost side, please come visit me and the other members on the VM side anytime.

Upvote 0
That's actually a legit point about XDA versus Android Forums. I have learned so much from the XDA forums for this phone and for previous phones, but some of the attitudes over there make me want to post replies that would get me banned for foul language being used to put arrogant posters in their place! I have no problem answering the same question twenty different times in twenty different threads, all with appropriate links when possible, and I get the same impression from a lot of the active members on both the VM and the Boost side. If knowledge can be shared just share it don't reply with an unhelpful comment. How many users legitimately want to learn and be helped because they are new to rooting only to be deterred by some @$$ who puts them down for being a noob? We were all noobs at one point! Thanks especially to my new friends on the Boost side, please come visit me and the other members on the VM side anytime.

Yep. The only thing that really pisses me off is when a member is lazy and wants you to do all the work for them when the answers are clearly stated within these threads. As you all know, I enjoy helping out others with their phones. I try my best to help but there just has to be a line drawn with some people so that they quit relying on others and start doing the homework and learning for themselves. It doesn't have to be done with vulgarity and belittling either as I've seen in the past and on other forums. All it takes is a firm stance and some guided direction. It will benefit them in the long run for sure.

If I can make the time to read and keep up with what's going on in these threads, others can do the same. Just saying..... :)

Reactions: Capn069 and struckn
Upvote 0
Here ya go fellas. For those of you running the Wicked Sensations ROM, here's the build prop fix in case you're getting the update notification.

I got the update notification this morning. This fix is recovery flash able.

Link is contain in this post. Download and flash in recovery. :D
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48143390

Upvote 0
Yep. The only thing that really pisses me off is when a member is lazy and wants you to do all the work for them when the answers are clearly stated within these threads. As you all know, I enjoy helping out others with their phones. I try my best to help but there just has to be a line drawn with some people so that they quit relying on others and start doing the homework and learning for themselves. It doesn't have to be done with vulgarity and belittling either as I've seen in the past and on other forums. All it takes is a firm stance and some guided direction. It will benefit them in the long run for sure.

If I can make the time to read and keep up with what's going on in these threads, others can do the same. Just saying..... :)

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I will occasionally (rarely,but still) dish out the "Google is your friend" comment!

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Give BeanStalk a try. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Been eyeballing that one and the new Hellfire as well while I spin my wheels waiting for Carbon to start releasing their version of 4.4.x; CyanFox 4.4.1 isn't bad either, but didn't run it for too long before the official CM 11 came out and I switched over to that. Trials and tribulations of a flashaholic!

Upvote 0
Oh yeah bro..... that's one of my favs too. ;) Used in not to long ago as a matter of fact. :p:pcguru:

While I don't mind being blunt in the "real world," like dealing with some of my employees who I know won't be offended, I find the "Google is your friend" comment does a good job of suggesting "Hey buddy, I don't mind helping but sometimes you need to carry some of the load yourself, it is almost the year 2014 after all" without running the risk of a truly offensive comment!

Upvote 0
Oh yeah bro..... that's one of my favs too. ;) Used in not to long ago as a matter of fact. :p:pcguru:

Hey wb if you want to put the zip from my dropbox in the cm11 area you can because rally517 and myself have been testing roms and 4g works on cm11 with the zip and beanstalk so
The thread to look for the dropbox link is official cm11 nightly
[SIZE="4"]UPDATE- [/SIZE]

ADDED A GREAT TUTORIAL ON- How to: Stop 4.3 MK5 Update Notification by Mydian. Located in the "MODS, KERNELS & PRL INFORMATION" section.

Thanks to Capn069 for suggesting this addition and Mydian for an awesome TUT!

Upvote 0
Cyanfox is very smooth too. No bugs at all from what I can tell. Camera works everything. Minus the LTE reboot thing.

Yeah, I liked it for the brief time I had it running. Plus the "benefit" of not living in an LTE area is not having an LTE reboot issue ha ha ha! That, and I can just focus on having working MMS. Don't get me wrong, I do look forward to having LTE at some point!

Upvote 0
Yep. I added it to the AOSP ROM list awhile back. Nice ROM. :D

Could you put the 4G zip in the asop rom area of the thread so people will know we now have a 4g fix just no mms I'm sure it'll work you'll just have to manually configure it and you already posted a tutorial on it
Here's the zip
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j5yfm8mtm04dhzr/kuYKNuTGal
The only issue is to get data to connect you have to turn off wifi and reboot and if you choose to use wifi you'll have to reboot again before the data reconnects

You essential have to choose one at at a time data or wifi but not both data is funk and won't reconnect after you turn on wifi

Upvote 0
Could you put the 4G zip in the asop rom area of the thread so people will know we now have a 4g fix just no mms I'm sure it'll work you'll just have to manually configure it and you already posted a tutorial on it
Here's the zip
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j5yfm8mtm04dhzr/kuYKNuTGal
The only issue is to get data to connect you have to turn off wifi and reboot and if you choose to use wifi you'll have to reboot again before the data reconnects

You essential have to choose one at at a time data or wifi but not both data is funk and won't reconnect after you turn on wifi

You got it. I just quoted your post since it already had all the info in it. :)

Upvote 0
Does the Static Power rom have the gapps in it already?? I looked in the OP but could not find a gapps package.

Hmmmmm. Never known a TW ROM to need an extra GAPPS package flashed. Usually only AOSP ROMs require those.:banghead:

Also, when in doubt,, READ THE ROM'S ORIGINAL THREAD THOROUGHLY. Seriously, 99.9% of your answers will be found there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones