• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ZTE restore software

klynn908

Jul 18, 2012
Does anyone have the software that was on the zte site to completely restore the warp to out of the box stock? My phone keeps constantly freezing no matter which rom I am on and is worse with certain ones. I would like to start back over from the beginning and see if it will help my phone. Thanks guys!

What U Could Do Is Boot Into CWM, Delete Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Battery Stats, Fixed Permissions, AND THEN FORMAT THE SYSTEM AND THEN FLASH THE ROM. DOWNLOAD ADVANCED TASK KILLER AND USE IT, IT HELPS A LOT....Don't Used Apps Like Facebook, Music Downloaders, Or Any App OR Widget That Constantly Runs, (Your Phone Freezes Because Ur Ram Is Being Used Up And Not Getting Enough Free Ram For Ur Phone To Function Properly)

Try My New Rom, Very Light Weight With Gud Performance.....
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...-white-dollardagreat-updated-8-16-2012-a.html

Does anyone have the software that was on the zte site to completely restore the warp to out of the box stock? My phone keeps constantly freezing no matter which rom I am on and is worse with certain ones. I would like to start back over from the beginning and see if it will help my phone. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
im sorry but essentials is the rom ive had the worst luck with and most freezes/reboots, wcs seems to be the better rom for my phone. I always wipe data, cache, dalvik 3 times each before installing the rom and i know the phone has a custom kernel already im just not sure which one its running. i tried fixing permissions a couple days ago to no avail. i did battery stats not long ago also. i didnt see the format system option but i will look for that and then try reflashing wcs. if this doesnt work i will try flashing stock appolo...thanks guys! oh and btw i found the link to the update software i believe on xda:

ZTE Warp software upgrade - xda-developers

Upvote 0
If U Had A Problem With My Rom, Y U Did Not Post Any Errors? I Will Help With Any Errors!!!!

I Believe The Apps U Using Is Causing Ur Problem And Not Using ATK Is Ur Major Downfall.

im sorry but essentials is the rom ive had the worst luck with and most freezes/reboots, wcs seems to be the better rom for my phone. I always wipe data, cache, dalvik 3 times each before installing the rom and i know the phone has a custom kernel already im just not sure which one its running. i tried fixing permissions a couple days ago to no avail. i did battery stats not long ago also. i didnt see the format system option but i will look for that and then try reflashing wcs. if this doesnt work i will try flashing stock appolo...thanks guys! oh and btw i found the link to the update software i believe on xda:

ZTE Warp software upgrade - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Advanced Task Killer Is A Top App In The Market For A Reason. Almost 5 Stars. I Use It On All My Android Devices And No One On The Market Ever Complains. In The Store Where I Work We Are Told To Place This App On Phones With Limited Specs To Stop Reboots And It Works Marvelously If Used Right. What These So Call Dev Won't Tell U Is That Every Android Device Comes With Different Specs, Different Ram Limits, The Ram Is Wat Keep Ur Phone Fast And Performance Great, (It Don't Matter That Android Was Develop To Multitask, Without The Right Specs U Can't Multitask.) That Simple, Not Even Hard To Think About. 512mb Is Not Enough Ram To Multitask Or Quickly The Phone Freezes Up And U Have To Reboot Or It Will Reboot Itself. If U Have A Phone That A Have Limited Specs Like The Warp, U Have To Use ATK.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller&hl=en

All Phones With 1G, 512mb Of Ram All Need ATK To Perform Great. Most Other Problems Is The Particular Apps And Widgets People Be Using That The Phone Can't Handle And It Goes To The Same Reason. Low Ram.......

Never A Reboot On My Phone Or A Freeze Or Anything Thanks To ATK.

Upvote 0
Unitology Is Buggy, I Tried Ur Rom And It Froze A Lot At The Lock Screen, During Phone Calls (Sometimes The Call Won't End When U Press It), Force Closure On Certain Apps And That Because Off Over Tweaking. Great Theme, But Tweaking To Much Cause Issue, Which Ur Rom Had Since The Beginning. If We R Using Ur Rom And Its Freezing And Rebooting, Boot loops, Ur Phone Is Doing The Same Too....:smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:
My phone does not freeze reboot crash etc. I do NOT use ATK!

Upvote 0
Because many people reported the same errors already, go thru ur 43 pages, But What I Do Is Reverse Engineer Everyone Rom To Learn And Understand Flaws So I Won't Make The Same Mistake On My Rom. I Have 4 Warps To Work With, So I Have Try Everyone Rom And Updates And Continue To Do So......
Why you no report errors? :p

Upvote 0
I Believe Its An App Issue With The Brother Who Started The Thread And All He Needs Is ATK To Solve His Issue, Me And MR Apollo Was Conversing About A Few Things, How Is Ur Day Downthemachine? Which Rom Do U Use?

I'm having an issue understanding what exactly what this discussion is about. Is it rom issues or app issues?

Upvote 0
To say something on topic instead of ranting about ATK and how it works/sucks/etc...

Op: I would flash a stock rom for now, and see if that helps. Go totally stock, and possibly remove some bloatware, if you'd like, to see if that helps as well.

The warp is very touchy...depending on the ROM, when your warp was made, etc...everything effects it differently...

Upvote 0
down: can you upload the kernel you are using and direct me how to install it? i have used advanced task killer in the past but it was killing the battery more than not having it installed. and it still frooze just maybe 1 or 2 times less a day.

now let me clarify about the phone and roms: the warp is my girlfriends phone and she made this account but i use it mainly to try to fix the problems she's having since i personally have the samsung epic 4g with the keyboard. i have used atk once and it didnt help much for my phone when the roms came out for gingerbread and had memory leaks. i will put atk back on her phone when i reflash it in about 5 minutes. i am going to wipe data, cache, and dalvik 3 times like i always do, fix permissions (which honestly i dont think will do anything unless there was a problem with apps not liking a rom and not wanting to reflash it), and if there is a format system option i will do that then flash wcs and do the ota updates. i will report back later tonight in a couple hours and let you guys know

Apollo: my gf would have tried your rom but she doesnt like the red theme. if you have a version of it thats not red i will install that for her and try it out. i hope the team yoshi project you guys are working on isnt red because i think that is the most promissing rom so far :)

Upvote 0
update: flashed to stock and had to re-root and cwm, seemed to be easier and go smoother than the first time if i remember right...one thing i wish though is to be able to boot to cwm after the scripts run to install root and cwm without using adb...i cleared data x3, cache x3, dalvik x3, battery stats, and fixed permissions, flashed wcs 1.6, booted up 1.6 and rebooted to recovery to install ota update. now that the phone is back up i cant really tell just yet if its going to run any better or not i will let her tell me in a couple hours.

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones