• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] ZTE Timewarp Rom Beta 1 08/08/2012

Dm47021

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2011
coloma mi
ZTE Timewarp Rom Beta 1 08/08/2012

Ive been working on this rom for a few days now. here it is
Built from stock Warp Rom.

DOWNLOAD: ZTE Timewarp Rom Beta 1 08-08-2012.zip

----------------------------------------------------------
FEATURES:

Shinjitsu's OC Kernel (Fixed) from 1.51c, Will not lose service while wifi in use
CWM Recovery.. flashes CWM Recovery instead of Stock Recovery.img
NO BLOATWARE

Beats Audio.. if installer doenst work you can flash this file from CWM BeatsAudiob0314.zip

Themed blue to look like ICS
Mi File Explorer
Adobe Flash Player 11
Foxfi Wifi Tether
Jellybean apps Manager
Camera ICS+ (Working in panorama aswell)
ICS Search
Stock Android Web Browser
Stock Keyboard

Various Build.prop Tweaks

enjoy

will keep updating

---- INSTALL -----
i reccomend installing from CWM, once finished do not exit out of CWM Recovery, once rom installs, we need to flash Superuser, for some reason it works better this way.. get it here: SuperUser.zip

Gotta love it, i work to release a decent rom, and all i see is complaining

Thanks for your work will u post some screen shots so other users can know what it looks like. Also it would be helpful tto explain your rom a bit to let people know what they are getting into. You don't have a long posting history so a lot of users are hesitant to install it don't take it personal. A rom is a big deal to install and when ur new (and by new I mean a low posting history not the time in which u have been a member) people are skeptical. Also when someone's asking question if you don't address them it sometimes looks "bad" on your part. Just my opinion and what I have learned here on the forums not just the warp section.
Cheers, best of luck.

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0

Well I'm sorry, I would contact a mod to remove the unnecessary post. They can remove mine
Edit:
But I would recommend that you go into your update script and remove the install-recovery.sh . Having to flash recovery, unnecessarily scares people off. Recovery is a lifeline to a bad flash. So please remove the recovery img and the lines in the update script that point to it

Upvote 0

The complaints, outside of some snarky comments that I've removed, seem like valid concerns. People like seeing screenshots and a description of what it is, especially with someone who is relatively unknown as a developer. mooseberry explains it fairly well. You don't have to be a linguist or Shakespeare with your descriptions, but something that tells users what they can expect would allay some fears.

Upvote 0
i think i should of paid attention more about the recovery.img i tried to flash this rom now stuck on green logo and cannot get in cwm or anything so i think im stuck

Im sorry to hear that man you should post in appalos help thread or pm him nove downthemachine or theres others that will most likley be able tohelp you i dont think this particular thread will get noticed or looked at

Upvote 0
ZTE Timewarp Rom Beta 1 08/08/2012

Ive been working on this rom for a few days now. here it is
Built from stock Warp Rom.

DOWNLOAD: ZTE Timewarp Rom Beta 1 08-08-2012.zip

----------------------------------------------------------
FEATURES:

Shinjitsu's OC Kernel (Fixed) from 1.51c, Will not lose service while wifi in use
CWM Recovery.. flashes CWM Recovery instead of Stock Recovery.img
NO BLOATWARE

Beats Audio.. if installer doenst work you can flash this file from CWM BeatsAudiob0314.zip

Themed blue to look like ICS
Mi File Explorer
Adobe Flash Player 11
Foxfi Wifi Tether
Jellybean apps Manager
Camera ICS+ (Working in panorama aswell)
ICS Search
Stock Android Web Browser
Stock Keyboard

Various Build.prop Tweaks

enjoy

will keep updating

---- INSTALL -----
i reccomend installing from CWM, once finished do not exit out of CWM Recovery, once rom installs, we need to flash Superuser, for some reason it works better this way.. get it here: SuperUser.zip

Does the OC really work without wifi and call issues?? Everywhere I read on this forum I see that people have trouble with the OC kernel....

Also, any pics of this ROM in action? Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones