• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Zte warp problem (help)

darkess3

Mar 9, 2012
okay so one day i got tired of my rom. so i decided to switch to ctmod , and when i went into recovery i tried installing it but i would say , "sd card not mounted" i dont know if its because i switched from my 8gb to a 32gb . i forgot to put all the files on my 32gb.
so since it would say sd card not mounted. ididnt know what to do so i just decided to reformat the sd card. that still didnt work . so then i tried format system and i think thats when i messed up my phone because it stays stuck on the WARP CREAM SANDWITCH boot logo.
i can still go on the recovery. but i dont know what to do.
any suggestions , anyone know what to do, please help me out . it would be greatly appreciated .

You might have a faulty sd card(the 32 gb one)... grab your 8 gig and pop it in your phone.. then with the recovery go to mount usb storage and transfer the Rom of your choice on to it with your computer. Unmount, wipe data factory reset and flash it... once your phone is up and running try and format the new sd card from the settings menu... if that doesn't work, try to return the faulty merchandise...

Upvote 0
You might have a faulty sd card(the 32 gb one)... grab your 8 gig and pop it in your phone.. then with the recovery go to mount usb storage and transfer the Rom of your choice on to it with your computer. Unmount, wipe data factory reset and flash it... once your phone is up and running try and format the new sd card from the settings menu... if that doesn't work, try to return the faulty merchandise...

I go to mount usb storage and it says E:unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

edit* could it be cause my computer doesn't recognize the usb device. when i plug it in . it says "usb device not recognized"

Upvote 0
I go to mount usb storage and it says E:unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

edit* could it be cause my computer doesn't recognize the usb device. when i plug it in . it says "usb device not recognized"

No worries! This has nothing to do with the computer's side of things. From the message you're getting, "usb device not recognized" it sounds like you're running Windows. All this means is that Windows cannot communicate properly with the device you've just plugged in, which is normal in a case like this where you've not yet enabled USB storage.

I've seen both CWM and TWRP do this on one occasion or another. I solve it by connecting the phone to the computer, waiting for Windows to do its thing, then restart the phone into recovery. It may take a try or two, but you'll now be able to mount USB storage with no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones