• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost] Recently acquired S4

Upvote 0
ok so then the only reason I cannot install the ota update I have now as a zip file is because I still have TWRP installed. I wiped everything, installed my backup recovery, when I tried to install the zip it says in RED:

updater process ended with error: 7

I'm having trouble downloading the backup from the link above you posted, can the original stock recovery be downloaded seperately by itself or do I need the entire Stock Firmware to get it?

Upvote 0
ok so then the only reason I cannot install the ota update I have now as a zip file is because I still have TWRP installed. I wiped everything, installed my backup recovery, when I tried to install the zip it says in RED:

updater process ended with error: 7

I'm having trouble downloading the backup from the link above you posted, can the original stock recovery be downloaded seperately by itself or do I need the entire Stock Firmware to get it?
You might be able to find just the stock recovery in a zip that you can flash with TWRP.
Best place to look would be XDA.
Flashing the complete stock firmware is the best way to return to stock.

Have you looked at any custom Roms that are available for your device?
There should be several 6.0 and maybe 7.0 Roms .

Upvote 0
Well, I went and did it, going by the sammobile link you gave above, did everything exact, but Odin keeps giving an error. Now I have no recovery at all. I can only get into Download mode and thats it.
Screenshot below.

odin3.11.jpg

Upvote 0
Reactions: x432hz
Upvote 0
I figured it out. I fixed it. It works fine, I think ... lol
I'm about to find out. All is done, phone is off and charging, all I have to do right now is turn it on and go through the first-time user setups and all of that. I'm confident there are no problems. I should have known better, it was my own fault this happened due to me being lazy 6 months ago.

This is what I did wrong:

I am still on an old XPpro machine, 6 months ago I reinstalled Windows, but put off installing
the jdk-7u21-windows-i586.exe file I use, as well as steering my system path to where my Android
SDK Tools folder was.

I checked to make sure the drivers were installed, they were, I didnt forget that 6 months back.
So realizing this, I updated the path, ;D:\Development\Android\sdk\platform-tools
and then installed the Java JDK, rebooted, then started it all over again.

That fixed it and it it all went fine.
Dumb-Me.

Thankyou for your help man!

I'm going to start it up now, I'll report back.

Attachments

• odin pass.JPG
    odin pass.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
It's all good.
It booted up fine and then it updated the system with the new ota update.
Not really anything new you can see, but the software, baseband, kernel and build numbers have changed.

SOFTWARE version: L720TVPSCPL1
BASEBAND version: L720TVPSCPL1
KERNEL version: 3.4.0-4745659 12/20/2016
BUILD number: LRX22C.L720TVPSCPL1

I just wanted to have it up to date.

THANKS Jfalls63

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones