• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost screwed up...gave me free month?

Apache Thunder

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2012
Any one had this happen? Suddenly my phone is back on today and I haven't paid the monthly payment that was due almost a month ago. I wasn't planning on paying it for another week since my next paycheck was going to the washer and dryer bill since my parents couldn't pay it this time around.

I haven't called Boost about it or anything. I just didn't make the payment back when it was due. Boost's automated system has repeatedly tried to call me a few times to try and convince me to make the payment (and even with the phone service off, they would be the only ones able to call me). But I always ignored their calls since I don't have the money and and just planned to pay it when I didn't have other bills to pay.

I went to the boost site and sure enough it shows my account as "active" and no longer shows it as "restricted". So it was as if the bill got paid. But I never paid it...

I'm curious as to how this happened? According to the due date, I won't have to make the next payment till the 15th of September, so I guess Boost gave me a free month?

Any way of looking up the payment history without calling Boost? :p

i remember hearing this happen to people back when the prevail first came out. boost doesnt want to lose customers, so they will pay your monthly bill in order to give you a chance. i recall some people saying that boost paid their bill for a couple of months.
great to hear your back up and running, even if it is only temporary.

Upvote 0
Ahh so that's what happened. They didn't email me or text me about that though. Odd. I have had Boost for almost a year and had already reached one shrinkage milestone before I upgraded to the HTC. So I guess I would qualify for that. :p

I only have two more on time payments to go before it drops again to $45. :D

Upvote 0
Bumping old stuff, but this is a promotion that has been going on for a long time. I believe it was making 6 monthly payments using the monthly unlimited plan, or daily plan, and the last day before your number cancels out you receive a free month of service, or free day if you are on the daily plan. This only happens once I haven't seen it happen twice in the same phone account.

Upvote 0
Any one had this happen? Suddenly my phone is back on today and I haven't paid the monthly payment that was due almost a month ago. I wasn't planning on paying it for another week since my next paycheck was going to the washer and dryer bill since my parents couldn't pay it this time around.

I haven't called Boost about it or anything. I just didn't make the payment back when it was due. Boost's automated system has repeatedly tried to call me a few times to try and convince me to make the payment (and even with the phone service off, they would be the only ones able to call me). But I always ignored their calls since I don't have the money and and just planned to pay it when I didn't have other bills to pay.

I went to the boost site and sure enough it shows my account as "active" and no longer shows it as "restricted". So it was as if the bill got paid. But I never paid it...

I'm curious as to how this happened? According to the due date, I won't have to make the next payment till the 15th of September, so I guess Boost gave me a free month?

Any way of looking up the payment history without calling Boost? :p

Possible referrel code payments?

Personally I would call Boost and complain! Tell them you don't want their harrasment during your sabatical.

After enuff bitching I am sure Boost will delete the offending free payment.

Right as Rain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones