• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Boost)Ultra Rom VERSION 4.1.0 (updated 9/27/12)

What launcher do you guys prefer?

• xperia launcher

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • holo launcher

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • both

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so ive got a noobish question. im working with the version right before the contact fix. need that fix but had already had everthing set up and not wanting to start from scratch or sorting out settings after loading a back up from titanium.

since im already running the rom can i some how install the update with out a complete cwm recovery flash or can i manualy swap out files to fix the contacts?

Upvote 0
ok so ive got a noobish question. im working with the version right before the contact fix. need that fix but had already had everthing set up and not wanting to start from scratch or sorting out settings after loading a back up from titanium.

since im already running the rom can i some how install the update with out a complete cwm recovery flash or can i manualy swap out files to fix the contacts?

need not worry about that.. because what the zip will do is just add the 3 options on the menu ....... just install it as if you were to install a theme

Upvote 0
easily confused and should add more details in my question. Im still a bit of a noob when it comes to flashing and recovery.

im running 2.0.0 7/8/12 and need the edit contacts fix in 2.0.1 7/11/12.

That fix is in the powermenu3.zip as well?

i downloaded the 2.0.1 update and follow Loota's route but I got a failed checksum. Big file to snatch with 3g and it did drop and had to restart.

Also will Loota's method require a reinstall of the Bobzhome kernel? just curious what to expect if that is what I need to do.

And again thanks to You and Loota.

Upvote 0
easily confused and should add more details in my question. Im still a bit of a noob when it comes to flashing and recovery.

i downloaded the 2.0.1 update and follow Loota's route but I got a failed checksum. Big file to snatch with 3g and it did drop and had to restart.

Also will Loota's method require a reinstall of the Bobzhome kernel? just curious what to expect if that is what I need to do.

The reason you failed the checksum is because you need to download with a computer. The way it seems to work best is download to pc then 7zip extract the folder to cwm/back-up and don't re-name or copy that folder.

Upvote 0

ok i will upload a new zip for u just give a second .. that zip will fix the contact force close

Upvote 0
ok this goes for all those who have installed the rom ... this is a new zip .... everyone can download it .. the zip has only 8.82mb .. This zip add the 3 options in the power menu in versions 2.0.1 and 2.0.0 ... and fix the contac force close in version 2.0.0 .... also add new icons in settings in both versions

flash it like if u were to flash a theme if u dont know how

1 boot into cwm
2 wip cache partition and dalvik cache
3 install zip from the sdcard
4 choose zip from the sdcard
5 select zip(powermenu.zip)
6 wait for the scrip to finish
7 reboot

now u have 3 more option in the power menu and coctac fc fixed:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 35371

Reactions: CellBlock420
Upvote 0
ok so I jumped the gun and followed Loota's advice and just went the mile and flash 2.0.1 and Bobz and titanium.

But I made a cwm backup first. Might go back to get the red text back and flash this patch.

will decide in a few days of use. i hesitate because the stats are showing 201 is running just a bit faster/ smoother.

The center clock is cool but doesn't auto hide when a notification text pops up so makes it hard to read whats up.

when I got it downloaded again i unpacked it and got the checksum fail again.
I figured it was something in my settings. I have root explorer on here and was using it to unpack. So i deleated the failed files and opened archdroid and and used it to access and unpack. Flawless and fast flash first time.

so if any one gets md5 fail. try unpacking it that way.

Certified pc free process!

Your pink theme might finally get my wife to root her Ultra.

Thanks for the patch katracho. That is prolly how I will go. And thanks Loota.

Reactions: katracho
Upvote 0
I believe Loota said to use Set Dns https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsInVrLmNvLm15dGVjaGllLnNldEROUyJd. Or try Dns Changer https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5lZGR5cGN6LmRuc2NoYW5nZXIiXQ.. I've been using it even before this Rom or 2.3.6 came out. Just for the simple fact that I was trying to get a quicker connection. Ive never had wifi issues with 2.3.6 I've had issues with 3G but that's because I didn't feel like paying for it! LoL! So I recommend Dns Changer & make sure you go into settings, use OpenDns settings 1 & 2 for alternate, check auto apply & you should be good to go! Good Luck! Oh Yeah I almost forgot to say Thank You to Katracho for the latest zip update! I was missing the Icons in settings, but not anymore!

Upvote 0
This is by far the coolest custom rom I've found so far, but I can't get wifi to work. It picks up signalsand even connects to a network, but when I try to open a browser or go to market it acts as if I'm not connected. Any thoughts?

Setdns app worked for me ....just open the app and select open dns apply .. reboot ur phone and Now you should be Able to connect to wifi

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones