1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boost updating to ff27 and ff27 baseband

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmcjr22, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

so ive been reading posts on ppl wanting to update and having problems id like to share how i did it...so basically all i did was i flashed lootas http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43332762/Boost_stock_no_root_no_cwm.zip then i reinstalled cwm because with lootas rom it removes cwm...then after was installed and rebooted phone i allowed the ota update...i did so to get the ff27 baseband...after that i flashed chevanlol360s rom found in NEW!! Boost FF27 Update Rooted Final Ver{8/1/12} - Android Forums all this i had the ff27 baseband and the update to ff27 then of course i made a backup of it...if u do decide to follow what i did dont forget to thank loota and chevanlol 360 for there hard work

Just remember do this at your own risk worked for me but may not work for you

edit: also thanks to mavericat for cwm

ChickenMonkee likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

Are you sure the baseband updated to ff27 . I didn't know that was an available update. Are you sure it's not fc29. Baseband?

3. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

baseband says s:M930.02 x.FF27

4. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

Wow. After which step did the bandwidth change to that version? :smokingsomb:

nvm i reread your first post

5. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

i flashed lootas stock no root no cwm, let the OTA go through, then i used mavs cwm odin install, while still in recovery before reboot, i then flashed badsectors tu_root file that i previously put on my sd card, and last but not least i rebooted. after GB booted up all the way i installed supersu and busybox.

THANK YOU to MAV & BADSECTOR for supplying the files and instructions to do stuff like this. these guys are awesome.
    p.s. there are more awesome people like them that i failed to mention, but they know who they are.

THANKS TO ALL DEVELOPERS:smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:YA MAN

6. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

no problem glad to help wish i was smart of enough to install cwm the way u did would of saved odin time lol

7. ChickenMonkee

ChickenMonkee Well-Known Member

Is there any way that I could do this if I already used Chev's FF27 update? I mean if i flash your stock rom Loota, would I still get the OTA update? Thanks in Advance.

8. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

For now the quickest way is to do what i explained 2 posts ago and it will work.

By the way chicken, was up. How you been?

9. ChickenMonkee

Not bad Bro, just working and giving all my money away LOL. Just realized Tapatalk was signed out. I just thought you guys didn't have anything to talk about since.the new update. :)
    I like this update, not perfect but good. Still here waiting for a compatible rom for this update.

10. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

chev says no baseband update and i dont see why not about update on mine because no root idk cuz before i made mine i had ff27 baseband...so either do my way or psycho4us4 way to get ff27 baseband

11. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

Right now im testing stuff for katracho at ultra rom while he's waiting for his phone to come back from samsung. Also on the new update. I will ask him if he can include the new baseband in his new and upcoming update. Can't wait. I'm having fun testing for him.:smokingsomb:

12. ChickenMonkee

So how is it? I haven't tried Ultra yet.

13. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

Ultra rom is cool.

14. ChickenMonkee

It is true, I did this and my baseband etc changed to FF27 now.

15. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

Ya it did didn't it. I know because i did it. Now my baseband is FF27 as well. Who's method did you use? Don't forget to say thanks.

16. Trouble85542

Trouble85542 Lurker

All I ever end up with these zip files is a md5 mismach.

17. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

which files?

18. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

19. ChickenMonkee

I used the method posted here at top of thread, used Loota's Stock rom that removes CWM, then I let phone update OTA, after that I used Chev's FF27 with root Final!!! update. The bad part was I lost WiFi and 3G like the first 2.3.6 update. At this point I restored a Transform Prime backup, after a few days decided to try again and all I did was wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache, reflashed Chev's FF27 with root Final!!! and restored permissions. Now I have a completely updated phone!!! I have the 2.3.6 with the new FF27 baseband, gingerbread FF27 and PRL 61009 with the new CWM that has the 2 minute bug fixed!

Only thing I need now is a nice Rom to slip over it. :)
    P.S. Forgot to mention that this fixed the WiFi/ 3G bug I had.
    P.S.S. Want to say Thanks to Loota! He told me to reflash Chev's FF27 to see if it was just a bad Install and helped me with the CWM as I couldn't convincw it to stick at first.

Thanks Loota for the help!!!
    Thanks Chev, Mav, Badsector and anyone else that helped put this all together!!!
    Also Thanks to dmcjr22 for putting these instructions together that helped me do this!!!

20. ChickenMonkee

Oh, one more thing. Is there a new Kernel fron Bobzhome that overclocks yet that I missed by chance?

21. ChickenMonkee

Where are you putting the files and how are you trying to Install them? This info could help us help you. :)

22. Trouble85542

Trouble85542 Lurker

The ff27 update.zip

23. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

Trouble85542 likes this.
  24. concepttheman

concepttheman Newbie

This didnt work 4 me. Im on 2.3.6. After flashing the zip. Help. I think i have to odin back to 2.3.4.
    I got a 7mb update and i think it went through...left the room for a while. But base and everything is wrong. Data still works though

25. ChickenMonkee

What baseband and version? Did you flash the FF27 final update then reboot?

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews