1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

boostmobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by logan1101, Dec 24, 2011.

1. logan1101

logan1101 Well-Known Member

Is there a certain ROM u have to use to transfer the EVO 4G to boostmobile?

routerunner likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

my guess is that you will need to be on sense, but i could be wrong. sorry man i wish i had the answer.

3. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

you hafta be on sense to update the prl... we know that to be fact. beyond that, not exactly sure. The biggest thing that ive encountered when reading about this is that boost uses sprints same physical devices, therefore the esn's should be transferable. I did read once about a guy who ported his number to boost via a crappy phone to get the service activated, then did an esn swap to the Evo. But beyond that, Im not even remotely sure man. Id search the forum quite a bit and gather some intelligence C.I.A. style and go from there. Best of luck to you, and happy holidays :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast

if i'm reading you right, there isn't a rom that will "put you on boost service"... as far as getting your phone working on boost, that takes some "internal" doing, more than just flashing a rom...

ocnbrze and Granite1 like this.
  5. cablemeblind

cablemeblind Lurker

Im half way through the guide to switch this EVO to Boost, when Im done will I be able to flash a Rom of my choice ?

6. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

yup. once youre on boost, the o.s. you use is up to you. Ive seen posts from users that have stated that. And as long as theyre not lying, then you should be good to flash whatever rom you want after youre on boost

7. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Android Enthusiast

your phone will have to be on stock sense rom.you will also have to have it added to boost network and programed by a boost employee or someone who flshes phones to boost..once you have it programed with talk text and data,your free to flash.

ocnbrze, Granite1 and 9to5cynic like this.
  8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

@OP: I'd believe what MikeKelso says on this matter especially (not that you shouldn't believe him otherwise ;)), because he's got a boatload of info on flashing to metro, and it would make sense that it'd be the same general process.

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews