• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root boot and shutdown animations?

I have a boot animation that works great, but I cannot get a shutdown animation to work. I have tried, what my limited knowledge suggest is right, to put the shutdown animation in the same folder, system\media, as the boot, but it doesn't work. is there somewhere else that it needs to go, and if so can it be built into a rom like the boot can?

There are a number of One V's on the market. But originally the One "V" was for Virgin Mobile USA. Now that there are other carriers also using the same name,it has caused some confusion. I label roms as Virgin Mobile USA only so users know which carrier the rom is for and not to only go by the device name. An easy way to know for sure is dial *86 from the device with or without service. Virgin Mobile Customer Support will always be that number on their devices.

edit: as for boot animations,it will depend on what rom you are using. Slim Rom uses an internal boot animation that is called from within systemui. if its for sense based roms like stock. i suggest using the original stock boot animation zips as your base and just rename the images you want to run as boot/shutdown to the names that are in those from the stock rom,etc and use winrar to open the zips and drag them into their respective zips set at store. should work fine if your images are compiled properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones