1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boot ani help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cougar214, Dec 23, 2011.

1. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

You guys ever have one of those days where the complicated tasks are a cakewalk but the easy tasks escape you for some reason?

I'm using the Moto Razr boot ani, bad *ss bootscreen by the way, but I can't for the life of me get the boot sound to work with it.

I have placed the .ogg sound file in with the ani and changed permissions but I still have no sound on boot. Any ideas guys? Keep in mind i'm still using firstEncounters ICS Rom.

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

is the boot ani a zip?

is the sound file included in it?

3. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Yes. Its a zip and stored in system/media. Where I also put the ogg. And I made sure the text file was assigned to the ogg.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

ugh i dont know much about audio files with boot ani's is it possible the rom your on doesnt allow it??

doubtful but still i wish i could help :( sorry

5. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

O'k, I managed to get the sound working but the volume is really low. I increased the volume using a ringtone maker and throwing it back into the system but the volume hasn't increased all that much. I increased the volume by 600%!

Just to be sure I checked my media volume in settings and it's turned all the way up so I'm clueless.

EDIT: So I increased the volume by another 400% and now it seams to be working pretty good as far as volume goes. Now if i can just figure out how to sync it better as there is a slight audio delay.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews