1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support boot animation audio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by merlin666, Jul 17, 2010.

1. merlin666

merlin666 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Anyone know how to remove the boot animation "droid" sound. I have deleted the android_audio.mp3 from /system/media as this was the only place I could find it. Rebooted and I still get the "droid". this is with the leaked OTA update.

Advertisement

2. AaronBBrown

AaronBBrown Well-Known Member

+1. I find it "Incredibly" annoying that phone manufacturers/carriers think it makes even a modicum of sense to have your phone make a loud noise upon startup.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Your phone makes noise when it boots? My Incredible never made a sound on boot. Not until I loaded my own boot audio.

4. merlin666

merlin666 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Can someone verify im not crazy. With the 2.2 leak i pushed bootanimation.zip to /data/local and it doesn't change the boot animation.

5. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead

Jun 24, 2010
    West Jordan, UT
    The boot animation sequence moved to /system/customize/resource/

The animation is now named VZW_bootanimation.zip and the audio is VZW_Droid.zip. Since the /system partition is read only, the best way to access it is while in Clockwork Recovery.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Does this mean it gets a lot harder to do custom boot animations when Froyo rolls out for us (assuming the real release stays the same)?

7. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead

Jun 24, 2010
    West Jordan, UT
    I don't know. There may be an alternate location for custom animations that are accessible without root, but I don't know of it. I've been studying the leaked OTA and 2.2 rom files to see if I can figure out what each is doing (I'd rather not have to rely on the wonderful people here on the forums too much):D. The change actually happened with the leaked OTA, not the leaked 2.2.

8. AaronBBrown

AaronBBrown Well-Known Member

Found that mofo....

Just rename (or delete) /system/customize/resource/VZW_Droid.mp3 to something else

Mount /system in clockworkmod, then using adb shell:
    Code (Text):
    2. cd /system/customize/resource
    3. mv VZW_Droid.mp3 VZW_Droid.mp3.old
    4. exit
    reboot and no more boot sound. Stupid Verizon.