• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot Animation Changer Special Edition

crotalusfreak

Lurker
Apr 23, 2010
I made a special edition of Boot Animation Changer it will only be available here and on My Droid World so please dont repost this anywhere its only for members/visitors of these forums.

This app is only for Root users running roms 2.0 or higher.It will not work on all roms cause it relies on the rom having wget. The best roms do have wget and support this app cyanogen and modaco roms work but roms like "ultimatedroid" dont.There has been very little testing done with the lo-res bootanimations because there are very few lo-res 2.0+ phones available, that section may be done away with all together.This is a special edition so it has access to all boot animations and functions its just ad supported if you would like it ad free or to just support development it is available on the Android Market under Boot Animation Changer.The paid version will of course get the first and most updates.
I can make the boot animations so if there is something you would like to see turned into one please dont hesitate to ask. If you have any questions or comments and I am not getting back to you quick enough on the forums please dont hesitate to send me an email at crotalusfreak@gmail.com

Attachments

• BootAnimationChangerSE.apk
    637.8 KB · Views: 1,512
OK I tried it. First I tried to download an animation that was around 5mb in size. I waited and waited and waited and nothing happened. Waited a good 5 minutes with wifi on. Finally it force closed. So I tried a much smaller one. Took about 2 seconds to say it was done. I clicked on reboot and waited breathlessly for the new animation to appear. Lo and behold, my old animation was still in place. I am using a moto droid and running koush's 5.0.4.2 ROM with krazykrivda's 24k SE gold theme. It is a beautiful boot animation already and I am not all that interested in changing it but thought to try your app so I could show it to the less adventurous droid owners at work. Sorry it doesn't work just yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones