1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boot animation & fonts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thejoker954, Sep 29, 2014.

1. thejoker954

thejoker954 Member

Boot Animation

Just wanted to let everyone know that jrummy's boot animation app works with our phone.
    Just make sure to change the save location to /data/local/
    also obviously not all boot animations are at our resolution so for a perfect fit some editing will need to be done.

Also haven't found a way to change the LG animation that shows up first.

Fonts

Since I first got the phone I was never able to change the font from settings, it's always been frozen on smart Gothic. (plus limited options anyways).

The good news is jrummy's font installer works with our phone as well. (I'm sure other font changing apps work too, but I've used jrummy's stuff on other phones.)

Now it may be different for you, but even with my font stuck on smart Gothic in settings, I had to change roboto fonts.

Be careful though because if you try to change bold, italic, or bold-italic and you are using a regular font it will cause apps to crash. (seems like only regular style fonts are available in app)

So if you don 't have a font pack containing the bold/italic styles you will need to use a program to change the regular font to what you need. (I forget the name of the program I used)

The fonts I overwrote were
    all the robotocondensed fonts
    (remember don't install a regular font to a bold/italic font)
    as well as
    roboto-regular
    roboto-bold
    roboto-italic
    roboto-bolditalic.

bg4m3r likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

The LG logo that shows initially isn't part of the OS. It's at the Android equivalent of the BIOS. The boot animation plays while the OS is actually loading.

3. ghost915

ghost915 Well-Known Member

I changed all of my font files to Neutra font. It's the same style of font used in the movie Oblivion and used on the Wendy's menu and some other stuff.

4. smk75

smk75 Member

I had where I loaded my phone and it wouldn't change the font I had to go into settings, security and hard reset it then it would let me change the font, maybe that's what you need to do.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews