• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boot Animation]Gears of War and Star Wars The Old Republic 6-8-2011

ZiggSVO

Mar 30, 2011
Hey guys!
Just compiled my first boot animations!
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If anything happens other than this working it's not my fault
Second Disclaimer: You need to be running a kernel that supports bootanimation.zip You also need to be running Froyo since I don't think any of the Gingerbread leaks support bootanimation.zips

Sorry for any confusion caused on my part.
Want to say thanks to the 3 communities I visit daily XDA, AC, and AF as they are filled with an abundance of info that I was able to read through and learn from!
Thanks goes out to qbking77 for the videos and jkrough0728 for the GIFS! You guys are great!!

Now, boot animations are fun to make, but take a bunch of trial and error. :)
This zips includes the boot animation but no sound. I couldn't get the sound to match just right and didn't want to put my name on it if I didn't feel it was just right ;)
I'm sure many will mention the size of them, they aren't small as the images are mostly high res!! Sorry its so big but like someone told me "it is what it is" and I like it :)
So flash it, if you like it great, if not then just reflash another one and give me feedback :)
Let me kno if you have any issues.

Instructions
1. Download zip and place it on your SD card.
2. Reboot the phone into clockwork.
3. Flash the zip (you don't need to wipe or anything)
4. Reboot the phone
5. Enjoy!
6. Come back and give some feed back :)

********Gears of War v1 and v2********

Also will be making a few variations of the animation in the future so check back for updates :)
Videos:
YouTube - ‪How to flash Gears Of War Boot animation on Samsung Epic‬‏
No video for v2, its the end of the chainsaw sequence where Marcus flips the lancer and rips through the back of the locust​

********Star Wars The Old Republic********

Video:​

Coming soon maybe? :p

Download Link:​

*I know it says KOTOR but it is The Old Republic and it says v1.9 but don't worry thats just meaning I made 9 versions to iron out some kinks lol*​

Reactions: cds0699
Thanks goes out to jkrough0728 over at XDA for making me these awesome GIFS for your viewing and previewing pleasure!

GIFS

Gears of War v1

GOW_00000.gif

Gears of War v2

gowv2.gif

Star Wars The Old Republic

starwars.gif

Upvote 0
Sorry for not clarifying on a couple issues guys. But yes you need to be running a kernel that supports bootanimation.zips and also I don't believe they work on Gingerbread as there are not any custom kernels out for that yet since its not official.
I will look into the Gingerbread issue and see if there is a way to get it to work.

Updated OP to state such and added the link to the video
Thanks guys!

Reactions: Stringyquark
Upvote 0
Sorry for not clarifying on a couple issues guys. But yes you need to be running a kernel that supports bootanimation.zips and also I don't believe they work on Gingerbread as there are not any custom kernels out for that yet since its not official.
I will look into the Gingerbread issue and see if there is a way to get it to work.

Updated OP to state such and added the link to the video
Thanks guys!

Would be nice if there was some kind of mod I could flash just to be able to use boot.zips instead of a whole kernel.

Everywhere I've searched for stand-alone kernels without a ROMs have all outdated kernels.

Upvote 0
Reactions: nstg8r
Upvote 0
If you search the XDA thread on SRF 1.1.1 it should have a download link for the new twilight kernel in the first or second post

Edit:
yep its in post 2
follow link:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.1 (Hajime-taisho) | Custom UV | Keyboard Fix | 5/22

I'll give it shot when I get some time later today.

Meanwhile, here's a wave file I created when I had my Transform. Should go well with your SW boot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27879197/sound (2).wav

Upvote 0
Glad you got it working! Did you flash this? Did you like it?

Yeah, I really like the Star Wars one, it's just too darn big tho. I'm going back to the Helix ani.

Now, with startup sounds. Easy enough to make and install. only problem I'm running into is it only plays for 7 seconds or so. It does that on all bootups including stock. Is there any way to change that?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I really like the Star Wars one, it's just too darn big tho. I'm going back to the Helix ani.

Now, with startup sounds. Easy enough to make and install. only problem I'm running into is it only plays for 7 seconds or so. It does that on all bootups including stock. Is there any way to change that?

Like qbking and paul told me, it is what it is and if you really like it you'll keep it :p
It's the size it is because there is a lot more detail and images than most of the bootanimations. :p

Start up sound I could never get to play more than 3 seconds so you've made it past me lol
I'll keep my eyes open on it and if I figure it out or find the solution I'll let you know :)

Glad you liked them while you had them!

Upvote 0
Like qbking and paul told me, it is what it is and if you really like it you'll keep it :p
It's the size it is because there is a lot more detail and images than most of the bootanimations. :p

Start up sound I could never get to play more than 3 seconds so you've made it past me lol
I'll keep my eyes open on it and if I figure it out or find the solution I'll let you know :)

Glad you liked them while you had them!

Did you try my startup sound with your star wars boot?

Upvote 0
I downloaded it and played it and its a whole song isnt it? :p
I do like it just would need to trim it down and see if I could figure why my phone doesnt play them for more than 3 seconds lol

It's 45 seconds, which is how long my Transform used to take to boot up, lol

I have a 7 second version which is I think the max for the Epic http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27879197/sound.wav

I know these are simple to make since they are wave files. But for the Transform, I had to convert them to an .au file using a hex editor to make them work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones