• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot animation help

Gflam12

Jun 8, 2010
I have this animation i made but i'm not that knowledgeable with the desc.txt file. My part0 folder is below could someone please write the desc.txt file, zip it and get it working for me please. I'd like it to stretch the width of the screen and the height doesn't matter i have it currently at 480x240 and like it there. I've tried a few times but i keep getting the dreaded black screen any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Part0 folder

You have to make sure that when you zip the files up that you select "store" or "no compression" Your zip compressed the files and it will not work if the zip is compressed.

Portrait
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Landscape
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Both worked just fine for me but I'm now on a Droid2 and don't have a Droid to test it on. It should work though. It's exactly the same.

if i can't sleep maybe i can do some good. =)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones