• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Animations for 2.3.5 ???

If you have S-off I dont know why they wouldn't work.

I dont think the android version matters as long as you know where to put it in the ROM

:thinking:

Yea like rxpert said the version doesn't matter. Just look for the file *bootanimation.zip" or "htc_boot_animation.zip" and delete it and rename the new one with the same name as the old one.
Look under
system/customise/resources/
or
data/local/

Upvote 0
Yea like rxpert said the version doesn't matter. Just look for the file *bootanimation.zip" or "htc_boot_animation.zip" and delete it and rename the new one with the same name as the old one.
Look under
system/customise/resources/
or
data/local/

also check /media folder and also look for spc_bootanimation.zip I've seen that one as well.

Upvote 0
I did ... didnt my last response just state that?

Oh yea my bad lol. I changed my animation and it worked perfectly. I can't get the sound working but I need a computer for that, but just changing the files did it for me. I changed both Boot up and boot down animation and both worked. You should try that flashable zip file above

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones